- Flipkart SmartPack subscription’s monthly prices are Rs 399, Rs 699, and Rs 879
- Affordable smartphones from Realme, POCO, Vivo, OPPO, Motorola, Infinix, and Samsung are part of the subscription service
- The subscription service comes with additional benefits like vouchers and access to various online services
Flipkart has launched a subscription-based service called SmartPack that offers a 100 percent refund on new smartphone purchases. Some of the brands available under the initiative include Realme, POCO, Samsung, Redmi, Infinix, Vivo, OPPO, and Motorola, whose smartphones priced between Rs 6,000 and Rs 17,000 will be part of the service. There are three tiers of monthly packs on offer: Bronze Plan priced at Rs 399 per month, Silver Plan at Rs 699 a month, and Gold Plan at Rs 879 monthly. They allow users to avail themselves a refund of 60 percent, 80 percent, and 100 percent respectively on the initial price of the smartphone if they return the device after 18 months. Users will not be able to change the Flipkart SmartPack plan tier once they have chosen and bought a pack.
Flipkart SmartPack will also give users access to various services such as SonyLIV Premium, Zee5 Premium, Voot Select, Zomato Pro, Gaana+, Practo Plus, and Tinder+. Additionally, users will also get freebies worth up to Rs 20,000 from top fashion, food, and hospitality brands like Uber, Chai Point, Myntra, and Lifestyle.
How Flipkart SmartPack subscription works:
- Choose a SmartPack subscription plan while purchasing a smartphone
- Pay the subscription cost on top of the smartphone’s full price while placing the order
- Pay the subscription fee for the next 12- or 18-months, depending on the plan and period you chose
- At the end of the period, return the phone in “any working condition” and get the refund
With the Flipkart SmartPack subscription, customers need to pay the full amount of the smartphone upfront, along with the plan price for the first month. Moving forward, they will also have to pay a monthly cost, as per the plan chosen by them. In case someone stops paying for their chosen SmartPack in between their tenure, they will lose access to the service and will not be eligible for any money-back on the device. Flipkart claims users can return the phone in “any working condition.” The company says it will accept the device back as long as the screen switches on and the IMEI number can be verified.
Speaking about the launch of Flipkart SmartPack, Aditya Soni – Senior Director, Mobiles, Flipkart, said, “Today, the smartphone has become one of the most important gadgets to us. Our lives have changed so much this past year and the smartphone has become the go-to resource for a host of growing requirements from entertainment to healthcare services. In line with our consistent effort to solve every consumer need, we are delighted to partner with leading brands and service providers for the launch of Flipkart SmartPack.”