Fortnite download: Fortnite is one of the most popular Battle Royale games out there. From the house of Epic Games, the first-person shooter game is available across different mediums and platforms. So, not only you can play Fortnite on mobile, but it has a native version available for PC gamers as well. And like most people out there, the PC version is a big hit. Make no mistake, Fortnite is not the only shooter game available but even then it has managed to build a strong fanbase with new upgrades and content. So if you still have not got your hands on Fortnite on any platform, here’s a quick guide on how to download Fortnite on PC, laptop, mobile and more.
How to download Fortnite on PC
Fortnite has been developed by Epic Games. So, if you need to download Fortnite for Windows PC or laptop you need to have an account with Epic Games. The platform gives you access to a wide array of gaming titles that can be downloaded/purchased from the store. Registered members also get special discounts and deals. Here is how you can download Fortnite on PC.
- Go to Epic Games Store
- Click on Sign in if you have an account
- You can also use Google, Facebook, Steam or Apple ID to sign in
- Or click on Sign up to create a new account
- Search for Epic Games Launcher
- Download and install on your PC
- Log in with your Epic Games account
- Search for Fortnite and install the game
- Save it on the main folder and start playing
Fortnite game minimum PC requirements
The biggest reason for Fortnite’s popularity on PC is that you don’t need a high-end machine that fits the prerequisite to run the game. And that means more people can play Fortnite on Windows PC/ laptop. Here are the minimum PC hardware that you need for Fortnite
- CPU: Intel Core i3
- RAM: 4GB
- HDD: 16GB space
- GPU: Intel HD 4000
- OS: Windows 7, 8 or 10 64-bit
- DirectX: Version 11 or higher
Fortnite download size on PC
Epic Games is making sure you don’t need a lot of space to download Fortnite on PC. This is why you will be pleased to know that the Fortnite download size on PC is around 26GB, which is manageable for most PC users.
How to download Fortnite on Mac
- Fortnite on Mac works through the Epic Games App launcher that is available from the Epic Games website
- Download and install the launcher
- Search for Fortnite
- Get the game running on a Mac system.
How to download Fortnite on Android mobile phone
As you might be aware, Fortnite is not directly available through Google Play Store for most Android users. Epic Games has developed its own app store gateway which forced Google to remove Fortnite from the app store. So, unless you have a Samsung Galaxy phone with a Galaxy Store app, here’s what you need to download Fortnite on Android.
- Open fortnite.com/android on a mobile web browser
- Click on Get in on the Epic Games App
- Download the game file
- Go to Settings on phone to allow unknown source installation
- From Epic Games App, search for Fortnite and install
- Sign in or sign up with your account to play
Note: Downloading from third-party sources is not recommended by Google as it can infect the phone with harmful malware. So make sure you know the risks of using an APK file to install the game on an Android phone.
Fortnite download size on Android
Fortnite is not officially available on Android (through Google Play Store). But that does not mean you cannot install the game on your phone. You can do that using third-party sources (aka APK file) and the download size comes anywhere between 1.5GB to 2.9GB.
How to download Fortnite on iOS
Apple and Epic Games have a court case going on and until that is resolved iOS users cannot download and play Fortnite on iPhone. However, if you have played the game on iPhone before you can go to the Purchase section on Apple App Store and reinstall the game once again. Apple does not allow side-loading of apps on iOS so that option is not available for users.
How to download Fortnite on Xbox One
Epic Games also gives you download file to play Fortnite on the Xbox gaming console. It is compatible with Xbox X, S and Xbox One console.