- The Samsung Galaxy Watch4 is the first smartwatch to run on the new Wear OS platform.
- The Galaxy Watch4 Classic model comes with a rotating bezel.
- Samsung Galaxy Buds2 feature ANC and a curved design.
Samsung Galaxy Watch4 and Galaxy Buds2 wearable and hearable products were announced on Wednesday at the Galaxy Unpacked 2021 event. The latest IoT products went official alongside the Galaxy Z Fold3 and Galaxy Z Flip3 foldable smartphones. The Samsung Galaxy Watch4 comes in a standard version and Classic model and are notable for being the first smartwatches to feature the new Wear OS platform. To recall, Google announced back in I/O 2021 that it has partnered with Samsung to merge Wear OS and Tizen. Meanwhile, the Galaxy Buds2 are the newest TWS earbuds that tout a curved design and Active Noise Cancellation.
Samsung Galaxy Watch4 and Galaxy Buds2 price
- The Samsung Galaxy Watch4 comes in 40mm and 44mm sizes, priced starting at USD 249 for the Bluetooth versions and USD 299 for the LTE models. The 40mm variant will be available in Black, Silver, and Pink Gold colour options, while the 44mm version will come in Black, Silver, and Green.
- The Samsung Galaxy Watch4 Classic with the rotating bezel will start from USD 349 for the Bluetooth versions and USD 399 for the LTE models. The smartwatches are up for pre-orders starting today and will be available from August 27th in select markets.
- Samsung Galaxy Buds2 will be available for USD 149 and they will come in Graphite, White, Olive, and Lavender colours. The Samsung Galaxy Buds2 pre-orders start from today and they will be available from August 27th.
Samsung Galaxy Watch4 specifications
The Samsung Galaxy Watch4 and Watch4 Classic come in two sizes – 40mm and 44mm. The 40mm size features a 1.2-inch Super AMOLED display, with full colour Always-On display and Corning Gorilla Glass with DX+. The 44mm variant features a 1.4-inch screen with similar specs. The Galaxy Watch4 comes with a sleek and more design, while the Classic variant comes with the fan-favourite rotating bezel.
The USP of the Galaxy Watch4 is the all-new software running under the hood. The smartwatch runs One UI Watch based on the new Wear OS, ditching the Tizen OS. The new software experience from Samsung and Google will offer a more expansive ecosystem with Google apps, Samsung’s fitness features, and support for third-party apps. The new software also promises improved battery life, faster app loading, and smoother animations.
The Samsung smartwatches are powered by the new 5nm Exynos W920 processor paired with 1.5GB RAM and 16GB internal storage. Samsung claims the smartwatches come with reliable battery life – up to 40 hours. Also, 30 minutes of charging will give you up to 10 hours of battery life.
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 specifications
The Samsung Galaxy Bud2 TWS earbuds come with a curved design and minimalistic look and feel. The Buds2 offer dynamic two-way speakers to deliver crisp and clear high notes and deep bass. With the Galaxy Buds2, you get Active Noise Cancellation with three adjustable ambient sound levels.
Samsung claims the Buds2 are their smallest and lightest earbuds yet. As for the battery life, the Galaxy Buds2 offer up to five hours of continuous playback with ANC enabled. With ANC disabled, the Buds2 can last up to 7.5 hours. The earbuds come with an IPX2 rating for some water and sweat resistance.