GTA V/ GTA 5 Download: Grand Theft Auto (GTA) 5 is available for download on PC, laptop, and Android mobile phone. The popular action-adventure game, developed by Rockstar Games, takes you through a broad story of chasing cars, looting banks, and more fun. Originally, i.e. back in 2013, GTA V/ GTA 5 was released for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles. However, since then the GTA 5 download file has been released for PS4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows. The game is likely to be added to PS5 as well. In this article, we are going to cover all the bases using which you get GTA 5 download for PC, and how to download GTA 5 for Android, and more.
How to download GTA 5 for PC
The availability of GTA 5 online for PC was big news for gamers across the globe. They were no longer reliant on buying GTA 5 from Microsoft and Sony game stores. Instead, GTA 5 download for PC is available using Steam, Epics Games Store, and the official Rockstar Games store as well.
How to download GTA 5 for PC online using Steam
If you are using Steam to download GTA V for PC then you will first have to download the Steam app to your system. After that, you have to log in to your account. If you are new to the platform you can register and create an account as well. Follow these steps to download GTA 5 on Steam:
- Go to the Steam website and download the Steam app to Windows PC
- Now you can register for a new account or log in if you already have one
- Search for GTA 5 on the Steam app
- Choose the GTA 5 version that suits your need and budget
- Make payment using debit/credit card, or other modes for GTA 5
- After payment confirmation, hit the Download button to get GTA 5 on your PC
How to download GTA V for PC: Things to note
- Make sure the PC has more than 100GB of internal storage space.
- Steam recommends you download a single game title at a time
How to download GTA 5 online using Epic Games Store?
Epic Games Store is another digital source from where you can get GTA 5 download. Like Steam, you will have to download the Epic Games Store Launcher to the PC. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to Epic Games Store website and download the Launcher from the top-right.
- Login to Epic Games account. You can also create an account using the Signup option.
- Search for GTA 5 in the Epic Games Launcher on the system.
- Click on the buy now button, make payment and download the game.
GTA 5 download for Android
Most of you might know that GTA 5 is not officially on Android. But that does not mean smartphone users cannot enjoy the action-packed multiplayer game. In fact, PC users are not the only ones who get multiple ways to download GTA 5. If you want to play GTA V on Android, and if you have a Steam account or Xbox Game Pass, here is how you can download GTA 5 on Android.
How to download GTA 5 on Android mobile phone
Now that you have downloaded Steam on your PC, you can use the same Steam account to play GTA 5 on mobile as well. GTA 5 can be mirrored to your Android smartphone from the PC. All you have to do is log in using your Steam account, and download the Steam Link app on your phone. Here are the steps to download GTA 5 on Android:
- Download Steam Link app on Android phone from Google Play Store
- Link Steam Link to your Steam account and the connected PC
- Tap on the Start Playing button to mirror the interface on the Android mobile phone
- Search for GTA 5 from Steam library, tap on Play to start playing
How to download GTA 5 for Android using Xbox Game Pass
Besides using Steam, GTA 5 for Android is also available through Xbox Game Pass subscription. Here are the steps that can let you play GTA 5 on Android:
- Download the Xbox app on your phone from Google Play Store
- Login to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate using your account
- Scroll over to the Cloud Games section
- Search for GTA 5, tap on it to start playing
GTA V/ GTA 5 system requirements for PC
GTA 5 system requirements for PC include Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, or Windows Vista version. You need to have a minimum of Intel Core 2 quad-core CPU along with 4GB RAM for GTA 5 to run on PC. Your system should also have NVIDIA 9800 GT GPU, DirectX 10 compatible, and 90GB space on hard disk available. With these hardware specs, you can enjoy playing GTA 5 on your PC.
How to download GTA V on Android?
GTA 5 download is not officially available for Android from Google Play Store. However, you can rely on the mirroring feature to play GTA 5 through Steam account on your Android mobile phone.
- This can be done by downloading Steam Link application on your device from Google Play Store
- After the app is downloaded and installed, launch it and pair the Android device
- Click on the ‘Start Playing’ button
- This will convert the screen into Big Picture Mode and mirror it on your Android smartphone.
- Now, head over to the Steam library and select GTA 5
- Hit the ‘Play’ button to start playing the game.
That said, you will have to pay to buy the game first, only then it will be compatible to run on Android mobile phone. Additionally, the PC and phone should also be connected to the same network. You can also use Xbox game pass to play GTA 5 on Android mobile phone.
GTA 5 download for iPhone
GTA 5 is not officially compatible with iPhone and there is no way you can sideload or mirror the game from other platforms to the iPhone.
GTA 5 download APKs
There are several GTA 5 download APKs available on the web; however, most of them are fake. We would advise you to follow aforementioned steps to download the game on Android mobile phone, PC, and laptop.