- An average person in India needs to work 724.2 hours in order to buy an iPhone 13.
- The Philippines takes the first place, where an average user would have to work 775.3 hours to own an iPhone.
- The country that requires the least working hours to buy an iPhone is Switzerland, where one needs to just work 34.3 on minimum wage to afford one.
iPhone 13 series is finally on sale in India and it costs a premium, despite bringing only minor upgrades over last year’s iPhones. Considering how iPhones are usually costlier in price-sensitive markets like India, there aren’t a lot of immediate takers, with many Apple fans typically waiting for festival sales for the prices to come down. New research by Money Supermarket has detailed how long a person in India needs to work to be able to afford the base variant of the iPhone 13 based on minimum wage and the cost in a particular country. Do note iPhone 13 series prices differ based on where you’re living, import duties, tax, and currency fluctuations.
According to the research, for an average Indian user to afford an iPhone 13, they would have to work for 724.2 hours, which is approximately 30 working days. India is the second on the list, the Philippines takes the first place, where an average user would have to work 775.3 hours to own an iPhone. Brazil follows India with 690.5 hours, Turkey with 639.1 hours, and Russia is in fifth place with 428.5 hours.
The country that requires the least working hours in order to buy an iPhone is Switzerland, where one needs to just work 34.3 on minimum wage to afford one. Surprisingly, the US, where Apple originates from is third in the list with 49.5 hours. Notably, the lower working time is due to the fact that only minimum wage in these nations are higher than India’s or Phillippines but also the phone is a lot cheaper with lower import duties or currency fluctuations that seem to be affecting the end price tag, thereby making the iPhone much more affordable.
Also read: Apple iPhone 14 getting design overhaul, punch-hole display instead of notch: report
iPhone 13 series prices in India
- iPhone 13 mini price in India is Rs 69,900 for the 128GB model, Rs 79,900 for the 256GB variant and Rs 99,900 for the 512GB model.
- The iPhone 13 128GB version costs Rs 79,900, the 256GB model costs Rs 89,900 and Rs 1,09,900 for the 512GB edition.
- The iPhone 13 Pro price in India is Rs 119,900 for the 128GB model, Rs 129,900 for the 256GB storage, Rs 149,900 for the 512GB version and Rs 169,900 for the 1TB model.
- iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB version costs Rs 129,900, the 256GB model costs Rs 139,900, the 512GB variant costs Rs 159,900 and the 1TB model is priced at Rs 1,79,900.
Go To Store
Go To Store
Go To Store