“Jio SIM requires a compulsory registration from the user to activate voice and data services post the purchase”
If you are looking for ultra-cheap data, then it’s likely Jio is your network of choice. But buying a Jio SIM is just half the job done. Users will have to manually activate the SIM to enjoy free voice calling and data services from the Mukesh Ambani-promoted telco. Worry not though, this can be done via tele-verification call to Jio’s customer care. The process of activating Jio SIM is pretty simple and only requires details mentioned at the time of purchasing the SIM. Here’s the step-by-step guide of how you can activate Jio SIM for voice and data services.
How to activate Jio SIM (voice calls):
Follow these easy steps to activate voice calling (VoLTE) on your Jio SIM:
- Before jumping to the activation process, check whether you’ve received a confirmation SMS from Jio asking for tele-verification.
- If you’ve received the message, dial 1977 from the Jio number to activate both the Voice and Data services.
- Users will be asked for the last 4 digits of the submitted identity – a Voter ID card or Aadhar card – so keep them handy while making the call.
- Once that is done, the Jio SIM should get activated within 1-2 hours, though in some cases, it may take up to 4-5 hours.
How to activate Jio SIM (data)
- To activate data or internet services on your Jio SIM, dial 1800-890-1977 (toll-free number) from any mobile number as mentioned in the user’s Jio SIM form.
- Data services will get activated on entering the newly purchased Jio mobile number.