“Jio SIM requires a compulsory registration from the user to activate voice and data services post the purchase”
If you are looking for ultra-cheap data, then it’s likely Jio is your network of choice. But buying a Jio SIM is just half the job done. Users will have to manually activate the SIM to enjoy free voice calling and data services from the Mukesh Ambani-promoted telco. Worry not though, this can be done via tele-verification call to Jio’s customer care. The process of activating Jio SIM is pretty simple and only requires details mentioned at the time of purchasing the SIM. Here’s the step-by-step guide of how you can activate Jio SIM for voice and data services.
How to activate Jio SIM (voice calls):
Follow these easy steps to activate voice calling (VoLTE) on your Jio SIM:
- Before jumping to the activation process, check whether you’ve received a confirmation SMS from Jio asking for tele-verification.
- If you’ve received the message, dial 1977 from the Jio number to activate both the Voice and Data services.
- Users will be asked for the last 4 digits of the submitted identity – a Voter ID card or Aadhar card – so keep them handy while making the call.
- Once that is done, the Jio SIM should get activated within 1-2 hours, though in some cases, it may take up to 4-5 hours.
How to activate Jio SIM (data)
- To activate data or internet services on your Jio SIM, dial 1800-890-1977 (toll-free number) from any mobile number as mentioned in the user’s Jio SIM form.
- Data services will get activated on entering the newly purchased Jio mobile number.
That’s it! These simple steps will ensure your Jio SIM is activated and that you can enjoy calls, SMSs, and data on your new phone number.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do you check Jio SIM is active or not?
The easiest way to check if your Jio SIM is active or not is to insert it into a phone and then select LTE as your network mode. If your phone is showing network bars and 4G connectivity, then your SIM is active. You can also call to Jio toll-free customer care (18008899999) number from any smartphone and tell them your number to see if it’s activated or not.
Can Jio Sim be reactivated after it has been deactivated due to non usage?
If you don’t recharge your Jio SIM or use it for 90 days, it will get deactivated. There are two methods to get it reactivated. If you are activating your SIM within 15 days of deactivations, doing a simple recharge of Rs 20 will reactivate the SIM. If it’s over 15 days, you will have to visit your nearest Jio store and resubmit all your documents to get the SIM activated.
Does Jio SIM get deactivated if I don’t recharge?
Yes, if you don’t have to maintain a minimum balance of Rs 20 or don’t use your phone for messages, calls, and the internet for 90 days, then your number will be deactivated.