- Riot Games now lets you enable two-factor authentication on your account.
- Your password, payment details, and in-game progress will be better protected with multi-factor authentication.
- Multi-factor authentication is available for players who login via Riot Games website, Riot PC app, and Riot Mobile.
Riot Games has added a new security option for Valorant, League of Legends, and Legends of Runeterra players. Players can now enable multi-factor authentication for their Riot Games account. With multi-factor authentication, they will be able to protect the skins and other collectibles in their accounts. If you want to protect your Riot Games account better, check out this easy guide on how to enable multi-factor authentication in Valorant, Legends of Runeterra, and other games.
How to enable multi-factor authentication on Riot Games
- Sign into your Riot Games account
- Open the Two-Factor Authentication tab
- Click on Enable
- You will get an email on the account linked to your Riot Games account
- Open the email and click on Enable two-factor authentication
- Multi-factor authentication is now set up on your Riot Games account
The two-factor authentication on Riot Games currently supports authentication via email only. The multi-factor authentication system will get updates later this year, which may add more authentication options. If you want to disable multi-factor authentication, you can go back to the Two-Factor Authentication tab and hit the Disable button.
Multi-factor authentication will protect your password, payment information, and in-game progress from potential threats. It is available for players who login via Riot Games website, Riot PC app, and Riot Mobile. Players who log in via Garena or other third-party clients will not be able to use multi-factor authentication. After enabling multi-factor authentication, your account can stay authenticated for 30 days in the Riot Games launcher app on PC.