- Covid vaccination drive in India is underway
- From May 1st onwards, Covid vaccination for 18+ years is allowed
- You can find nearby Covid 19 vaccination centre using Google Maps, Cowin portal, MapmyIndia, and WhatsApp
Covid vaccine centre can be found using Google Maps as well as WhatsApp and the government’s Cowin portal and MapMyIndia. All three platforms will guide you through to the nearby vaccination centre for a jab. The Covid 19 vaccination drive in India is underway. Anyone above the age of 45 years can get vaccinated as of now. This will be extended to people aged 18 or above from May 1st onwards. There are two types of Covid vaccines that have been given approval for use in India – Covaxin and Covishield. Before we get down to how to find the nearby Covid 19 centre steps for vaccination, here’s what you need to know:
- Covid 19 vaccine is free for people above 45 years at government hospitals, while at a private facility, it’s Rs 250 per shot
- For others, Covid Vaccine Covishield is priced at Rs 600 to private hospitals and Rs 200 for state government. The Covaxin will cost Rs 600 and Rs 1,200 for state and private hospitals respectively. That said, some states have announced that free vaccines to all
- There will be no on-site registration for people in the 18-45 years of age group. They will have to register online for inoculation via Cowin or Aarogya Setu app. Click here to know how to register for Covid vaccine
- Those aged 45 years and above can avail the facility of on-site registration to get vaccinated
How to find Covid vaccine centre using Google Maps
Google Maps has been the go-to navigation platform for years now. It can also be used to find the nearby Covid centre. Here’s how:
- Fire up Google Maps app or web page –> allow the platform to access your location
- Search ‘Covid vaccination centre near me’ or any other variant of the search
- A list of hospitals providing vaccination will pop-up on your screen
- It’ll show you the distance from your location to the vaccination centre, along with direction, availability, documents required, and other details.
As stated above, following May 1st, citizens in the 18-44 age group will have to register on CoWin or Aarogya app to get vaccinated. There will be no walk-in facilities.
How to find Covid vaccine centre using Cowin website
Apart from registration, Cowin can also be used to find nearby Covid vaccine centres. To do so:
- Go to Cowin website: https://www.cowin.gov.in/home
- Scroll down until you see ‘Find Your Nearest Vaccination Center’
- ‘Enter place/ address/ eLoc’ in the dialogue box or select the ‘Current location’ option. The latter will use your location to find the nearest Covid 19 centre
- Choose ‘Go’ to see the search results
- The list of hospitals administering vaccines will appear on your screen
- The nearest one will be right on top. Select ‘Get Direction’ for navigation
How to find Covid vaccine centre via MapmyIndia
- Covid vaccine centre information is also available via MapmyIndia app/ website
- The app is available for download on both Android and iOS devices
- It works the same way as Google Maps
- Sign in and type in ‘Covid vaccine centre near me’ in the search box
- Select the hospital near to you to see the direction
How to find Covid vaccine centre near me using WhatsApp
- The information about the nearest Covid vaccine centre is also available through WhatsApp. The social messaging platform is using the MyGov Corona Helpdesk chatbot to offer this service.
- In order to find out nearby Covid 19 centre for vaccination, save Government of India’s MyGov Corona Helpdesk number +919013151515 number on your mobile phone
- Head to WhatsApp and use the search option to find the saved MyGov Corona Helpdesk contact
- Send “Namaste” to the MyGov Corona Helpdesk WhatsApp number. The chatbot will now show you a list of services that it offers and it will ask you to choose an option from the list of services, including “COVID Vaccination – Centres and Authentic Information”
- Now, send “1” to the MyGov Corona Helpdesk to select “COVID Vaccination – Centres and Authentic Information”. It will show you another list of services. The first service will be named “COVID Vaccination – Centres Related Information,” which is the one you will have to select next.
- Send “1” once again to the MyGov Corona Helpdesk to select “COVID Vaccination – Centres Related Information.” The WhatsApp chatbot will now ask you to enter the PIN code of your location.
- Send your PIN code to MyGov Corona Helpdesk. For example, if your PIN code is 110049, send “110049” to the WhatsApp chatbot.
- The MyGov Corona Helpdesk will now show you the list of Covid vaccination centres available in your area, if there are any.