- Apple is offering a free subscription to the Apple Music streaming service.
- Customers who have availed of the free three months subscription earlier will only get two months now.
- Apple is running the promotional offer through the Shazam website.
Apple Music needs no special introduction as it’s one of the most popular music streaming services worldwide, only behind Spotify. For those unaware, Apple Music comes with a 3-month of free subscription for new customers, with paid plans starting for as low as Rs 99 in India. Now, Apple is now running a promotional offer through Shazam — a music recognition service it owns — to give users up to 5 months of free Apple Music subscription. However, it should be noted that customers who have availed of the free 3-month trial already will only get 2 months of free access. In this article, we’ll see how you can get a free Apple Music subscription via Shazam.
Apple Music works on both Android and iOS devices, so the offer can be claimed even if you do not have an iPhone. You only need an Apple ID to avail the offer.
How to get an Apple Music subscription
As we mentioned above, the Apple Music subscription is being offered through the Shazam website, and you can get up to 5 months of free access to the service. Follow the below steps to grab an Apple Music subscription:
- Firstly, head over to the Shazam website (link: Shazam.com/AppleMusic)
- Upon visiting the website, there’s a QR code presented on the webpage along with the text: ‘Get up to 5 months free of Apple Music’.
- Users can use their smartphones to scan the QR and see how many months of subscription they have got.
- On scanning the QR code, users will be redirected to the Shazam website through the web browser (Safari for Apple devices) and are asked to verify identity with Face ID (or Apple ID).
- On successfully verifying the identity, Apple will check whether they have earlier availed the three months free trial. If they have, users will get two months of subscription and if they haven’t, five months of access will be given.
So, there you have it, here’s how you can get up to five months of Apple Music subscription free of cost. The music quality and catalogue of the service are quite impressive and work seamlessly if you have multiple Apple devices.
Once the free trial period is over, Apple Music requires users to pay Rs 99 a month for individuals and Rs 149 per month for family plans. Students pay Rs 49 a month for the service, which comes with over 90 million songs, more than 30,000 curated playlists, and features like original shows, concerts, and exclusives, live and on-demand radio stations, etc. There’s also a Voice plan for Rs 49 a month that works only on Apple devices.