The Hyundai IONIQ 5 is an electric SUV that will launch in India later this year. It is an ideal vehicle for those looking for a feature-packed vehicle at an affordable price point. The car has an extensive list of features and has proven to be a satisfying ride for buyers. Widely appreciated by its users, the hatchback is known for its comfort, smooth experience, and energy efficiency. If you are interested in this electric car, here’s an article that will help you get detailed insights about the Hyundai IONIQ 5, including on-road price in India, specifications, features, and much more.
Hyundai IONIQ 5 price in India (expected)
This highly-acclaimed electric car in India is estimated to cost around Rs 30 lakh to Rs 40 lakh. This is a highly competitive price and will most likely be welcomed by the general user, owing to the top-notch features of the hatchback.
Hyundai IONIQ 5 photos
Hyundai IONIQ 5 key features
The IONIQ 5’s cabin is a tech-savvy space with a digitised dashboard and eco-friendly materials. The EV rocks a heads-up display with augmented reality that can project navigation directions on the windshield. The compact hatchback also takes advantage of its all-electric packaging by providing a flat floor for passenger comfort and cargo space. The front seats recline and have footrests, allowing folks to relax while the IONIQ 5 charges. This car has ample front and rear passenger legroom. According to Hyundai, the IONIQ sub-brand emphasizes connected living, which is why the car has various infotainment and connectivity features. A 12-inch touchscreen shares a panel on the dashboard with a 12-inch digital gauge cluster. The former is the hub for all entertainment. This includes smartphone-integrated apps like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and advanced voice pattern recognition technology.
Hyundai IONIQ 5 specifications
This car has an electric-only powertrain available in different potencies. When the standard range battery is paired with a single rear-mounted electric motor, 168 horsepower is generated. With a longer-range battery, the rear-drive configuration generates around 225 horsepower and 256 pound-feet of torque, propelling the car from 5 to 60 mph in 7.4 seconds. The all-wheel drive version boasts even more power – 320 horses and 446 pound-feet torque with a quicker acceleration. The wide EV tires and low centre of gravity make this car athletic.
Additionally, the Hyundai IONIQ 5 can provide 220 miles of range, with a standard 58 kWh battery pack. The larger 77.5 kWh pack is rated 266 miles with dual motors and 303 miles on a single engine. The larger battery could be charged from 10 to 80 percent in around 18 minutes. The IONIQ 5 with the long-range battery and rear-wheel drive has a combined EPA rating of 114 MPGe. Add all-wheel drive to this, and that falls to 98 MPGe. The EV is expected to get 113 MPGe combined with rear-wheel drive and a standard range battery.
The IONIQ 5 offers a suite of driver assistance technology, along with a Level 2 autonomous drive mode named Highway Driver Assist 3, so the car can drive on the highway and change lanes with minimal driver information. Key features include forward-collision warning and automated emergency braking, lane-departure warning and lane-keeping assist, and adaptive cruise control.
Power and performance
- Fuel Type: Electric
- Maximum Power: 168 kW
- Rated Power: Not Available
- Transmission: Single SPeed Reduction Gear. Shift by wire.
- Riding Range: 300 miles for RWD and 269 miles for AWD.
- Gradeability: Not Available
- Top Speed: 115 mph
- Carrying Capacity: Not Available.
- Motor Type: Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor.
- Battery charging time: 6 hours 43 minutes.
- Fast charging time: 25 minutes.
- Battery capacity: 77.4 kWh.
- Battery type: Lithium-ion – Polymer
- Charger output: Not Available.
Light and Indicator
- Headlight: LED
- Tail Light: LED
- Turn Signal Lamp: LED
- DRLs: Yes
- LED Tail Lights: Yes
- Low Battery Indicator: Yes
Brakes, wheels, and suspension
- Braking system: ABS with Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD)
- Front brake system: Ventilated and Solid Discs
- Rear brake type: Ventilated and Solid Discs
- Wheel type: Alloy
- Front-wheel size: 20 inch
- Rear-wheel size: 20 inch
- Front tire size: 195/65/R15. 205/55/R16. 225/45/R17.
- Rear tire size: 195/65/R15. 205/55/R16. 225/45/R17.
- Tire Type: Tubeless
- Radial tires: No
- Front suspension: MacPherson Strut and Multi-link technology.
- Rear suspension: MacPherson Strut and Multi-link technology.
- Hillstart Assist Control
- Downhill Brake Control
- Brake Booster
- Brake Assist
- Electronic Parking Brake
- Regenerative Brake Control Paddles.
- Anti-theft system: Yes
- Artificial sound: No
- Brake/Tail Light: LED Tail Light
- Central locking system: Yes
- Clock: Yes
- DRLs (Daytime running lights): Yes
- Front glove compartment – Yes
- Geo-fencing: No
- GPS & Navigation: Yes
- Headlight Type: LED with DRL Function
- Low Battery Indicator: Yes
- Mobile App Connectivity: Yes
- No. of Tripmeters: 1
- Odometer: Analog
- Parking assist: Yes
- Pass Light: Yes
- Reverse mode: Yes
- Shift Light: No
- Start Type: Ignition Start
- Start/stop button: Yes
- Tachometer: Digital
- Touch screen display: Yes
- Tripmeter Type: Digital
- Turn Signal: Yes
- Under-seat storage: No
- USB charging port: Yes
Body and dimensions
- Width: 1,820 mm (71.7 in)
- Length: 4470 mm
- Height: 1450 mm
- Wheelbase: 2700 mm
- Ground Clearance: 142 mm or 6 inches.
- Seat Type: Split seats in front, a single seat in the rear.
- Passenger footrest: No
- Passenger grab handle: Yes
- Seatbelts: Yes.
- Body Type : Unibody monocoque body.
- Sunroof – Yes
- Total Interior Volume: 133.7 cubic feet.
- Passenger Interior Volume: 106.5 cubic feet.
- Rear Seats up: 27.2 cubic feet.
- Cargo capacity, rear seat folded down: 59.3 cubic feet.
- Cargo capacity, front trunk: 0.85 cubic feet.
Hyundai IONIQ 5 colours
The IONIQ is available in a choice of 5 colours, namely Atlas White, Cyber Gray, Digital Teal, Lucid Blue, Phantom Black, and Shooting Star.
Hyundai IONIQ 5 warranty
Like all other Hyundai automobiles, the IONIQ 5 has been built to the highest possible quality standards, backed with a 5-year unlimited mileage warranty, so you may enjoy the things you love in life without worrying about your car.
Hyundai IONIQ 5 review
Being favoured for its features like battery life and power, the IONIQ 5 can easily be called one of the top electric cars to come out of Hyundai’s stable. The car drives well, returns excellent battery economy, and can be easily charged, making it a favourite among consumers. Overall, the Hyundai IONIQ 5 is a brilliant EV for automobile enthusiasts looking for a stable, quick hatchback that doesn’t have too much of a carbon footprint. It’s easy to charge and a delight to drive. What else could you possibly want?
- Loaded with modern features
- Excellent low-end and high-end acceleration
- Impressive Battery Range
- Long Wheelbase