Indian Gadget Awards 2020 might have the biggest experts and well-known names in the technology media segment of the country, but all their collective wisdom and expertise can fall short. And it does that when you, dear readers and viewers, express your own opinion and judgement. At the end of the day, it’s you who can best decide which device suits your requirements the best. This is the reason why we have two Users’ Choice awards categories in India’s largest tech awards, and here, we’ll be revealing the names of the smartphone that ended up receiving the highest number of user votes, out of a total of over 50,000 entries, and won the title of the Most Popular Phone of 2020 (Users’ Choice).
The winner of the Most Popular Phone of 2020 Users’ Choice is: OnePlus Nord
The introduction of the Nord marks a turning point in brand OnePlus’ strategy. The company has always been known for its flagships which bring high-end specs, but at reasonable prices. The Nord lands squarely in the mid-range segment, but disrupts it completely with its value proposition. No wonder then that it ended up getting all the love, and the maximum number of votes for this Users’ Choice awards segment.
The runner-up of the Most Popular Phone of 2020 Users’ Choice is: Apple iPhone 12
Apple might have released four new iPhones this time, but if there’s one that ticks most boxes for practical, day-to-day usage, it’s the iPhone 12. This smartphone balances all the goodness and signature features of an iPhone, without going overboard with size, features or even the price tag. This lovely balance, we’re sure, helped it inch close to the top, and earned it the runner-up title for this award.
Here are the rest of the nominees for the Most Popular Phone of 2020:
- Micromax In Note 1: nominated for its value proposition
- POCO X3: found its way into this list thanks to the fact that it’s an absolute no-brainer in its segment
- Realme 7 Pro: loaded, powerful, and an all-rounder of a package
- Samsung Galaxy M51: a battery beast, but a solid all-rounder too
- Redmi Note 9 Pro: strong value that’s hard to ignore
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE: signature flagship features for less
- Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G: top-of-the-line goodness, plus the usefulness of that nifty S Pen
- Vivo V20: a single package that combines gorgeous design and great cameras
- Redmi 9 Prime: ticks most boxes in its segment to stand out as a solid bang for the buck
- Google Pixel 4a: compact, smooth, refined, and undiluted. And those cameras…
- OnePlus 8T: Premium in all respects, except the price
- Mi 10T Pro: represents Xiaomi’s core proposition… all the specs, loaded cameras, and great pricing
- Realme Narzo 20 Pro: The shining star in Realme’s exhaustive mid-range portfolio
- Motorola One Fusion+: a no-frills package that delivers the goods
- OPPO F17 Pro: photography and looks, combined with OPPO’s signature features
- Infinix Zero 8i: honing the art of delivering more for less
- Samsung Galaxy M31s: balancing affordability with features
- POCO M2 Pro: highlights the brand’s ethos and comes across as a compelling option
For your reference, here is the full list of winners of Indian Gadget Awards 2020.