- iPhone 14 series is expected to launch in the second half of 2021
- iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max are said to come with hole-punch display
- iPhone 13 mini reportedly will be replaced by a 6.7-inch iPhone 14 Max (non-Pro) model
Apple last week launched four new iPhone 13 models, namely iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max. The new models are generally considered incremental upgrades, with the smaller notch being one of the few notable changes; thanks to the redesigned True Depth camera, the notch is now 20 percent smaller. But the notch might be a talk of the past next year as analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has shared his prediction for the next year’s iPhone series, the iPhone 14, suggesting that there might be no notch at all in the next year’s Pro models, i.e. iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max.
As per Kuo’s recent research note, Apple will be replacing the notch on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max with a punch-hole display. Kuo’s prediction corroborates Jon Prosser’s renders shared days before the iPhone 13 announcement. Kuo further predicts that both the iPhone 14 Pro models would feature 48MP wide cameras, something we have heard once before.
Also, iPhone 13 mini would be the last mini iPhone model as Apple will be replacing it with a new 6.7-inch iPhone dubbed iPhone 14 Max, Kuo said. The new iPhones are expected to be announced in the second half of 2022, most probably sometime in September. Apple will also be releasing a new 5G capable iPhone SE in the first half of 2022.
Kuo’s note reads, “Hardware selling points for 2022 iPhones include 1) a new iPhone SE with 5G support (1H22), 2) a new and more affordable 6.7″ iPhone (2H22), and 3) two new high-end models equipped with a punch-hole display (replacing the notch area design) and a 48MP wide camera (2H22).”
Apple’s 2022 lineup (leaked)
- iPhone SE 5G (6.1-inch, iPhone XR-like design, single camera notch)
- iPhone 14 (6.1-inch, 12MP dual cameras, notch)
- iPhone 14 Max (6.7-inch, 12MP dual cameras, notch)
- iPhone 14 Pro (6.1-inch, 48MP triple cameras, punch-hole design)
- iPhone 14 Pro Max (6.7-inch, 48MP triple cameras, punch-hole design)
Kuo also predicts that we won’t be getting an under-display Touch ID for the iPhones until the second half of 2023. The analyst suggests that this is due to “lower than expected development progress”, which leaves Apple with no option but to delay the implementation. So, we might see the under-display Touch ID in the iPhone 15.
|Expected Price:||Rs. 99,990|
|Release Date:||20-Oct-2021 (Expected)|
|Variant:||4 GB RAM / 64 GB internal storage|