Microsoft Windows 10 now installed on more than 900 million devices

Windows 10

“Microsoft added more number of Windows 10 devices in the past year than it ever has before”

Microsoft’s Windows 10 is claimed to be on more than 900 million devices globally. The company added more number of Windows 10 devices in the past year than it ever has before, according to Yusuf Mehdi, corporate vice president of the Modern Life, Search and Devices group at Microsoft. The executive notes that “From PCs to HoloLens to Xbox to Surface Hub, Windows continues to power innovation—with more to come next week.” Furthermore, back in March, Microsoft said that it had more than 800 million active devices, which was again a bump up from 700 million devices in September 2018. 

Furthermore, the Windows 10 operating with this growth, is on its way to hit 1 billion mark by 2020. More than 50 percent of all the PCs are now running Microsoft’s Windows 10 OS; this comes four years after the platform’s release. Devices running Windows 10 operating system include traditional PCs, laptops, tablets, and other devices like HoloLens and Xbox One. The OS had 48.86 percent market share in July and moved to 50.99 percent in August, which is a growth of 2.13 percent.

However, the growth started sinking ever since the Windows 10 free upgrade option ended in July 2016. On the other hand, Windows 8 OS continued to stay at 0.63 percent, while Windows 8.1 stands at 4.20 percent. Together, both the operating systems own 4.83 percent market share by the end of August.

Sai Krishna is a close follower of tech and everything that has the word 'smart' involved. This makes him passionate to write about everything revolving around the world of technology. He can always be seen surfing the web and while he’s not working, you can find him re-watching Seinfeld and reading comics.
Facebook Comments
SOURCEMicrosoft