- Xiaomi is now rolling out MIUI 11 with Android 10 gestures navigation in China
- Gesture-based navigation is an integral part of Android 10
- MIUI 11 with Android 10 gesture navigation will allow you to use swipe gestures to browse through the UI
Xiaomi had promised to bring Android 10 gesture navigation to MIUI 11 a while ago. Staying true to that promise, the company is now rolling out the navigation gesture feature with the latest MIUI update, starting with the beta version that is now available for several smartphones running MIUI 11 in China. Notably, the global MIUI ROM is yet to get the gesture navigation feature, but we expect it to roll out in the next few days. MIUI 11 based on Android 10 already brings features like enhanced dark mode, smart replies and improved privacy, and it now feels complete with the gesture navigation on board. The company in a blog post has details on how you can enable the MIUI 11 gesture navigation feature.
How to enable Android 10 gesture navigation on MIUI 11
As mentioned above, the Android 10 gesture navigation feature is currently available on MIUI 11 in China, but the process should be the same for global MIUI 11 users as well
- To enable Android 10 gestures on MIUI 11, firstly, head to System Settings apps and then to “Display” section
- Now, you will find the “Full-Screen Display” option and in that, tap on “Fullscreen” to enable gestures.
- In the current form, Main screen, Recent apps, and Switch between apps gestures have been added.