- MIUI 13 beta is tipped to be available from November 27th.
- Xiaomi is said to directly release the MIUI 13 stable version directly to users.
- MIUI 13 based on Android 12 is expected to bring a major upgrade over the current MIUI 12/12.5.
Xiaomi is currently working on its next major custom UI, reportedly dubbed as the MIUI 13. There are speculations it might debut next month in China and will be based on the latest Android 12. Now, a fresh report from Xiaomiui has surfaced online, revealing the alleged list of Xiaomi, Redmi, and POCO phones that are eligible to receive the MIUI 13 update. Interestingly, the report claims the company will directly release the stable version directly to users. MIUI 13 will be available on Android 11 and above devices. There are over 118 smartphones that will be eligible for this criteria and should receive the MIUI 13 update in the future. Xiaomi reportedly may push Android 11-based MIUI 13 skin to some of its devices.
MIUI 13 device eligibility list
List of Xiaomi phones eligible for MIUI 13
Smartphones from the Mi 9, Mi 10, Mi Note 10, Mi CC 9, Mi 11, Mi 11X, Xiaomi 11T, Mi MIX Fold, and Xiaomi MIX 4 series will be getting the update. However, the older smartphones, launched in 2019, will be getting the MIUI 13 version based on Android 11, while the rest will get the Android 12-based custom skin.
- Mi 9, Mi 9 Pro, Mi 9 SE, Mi 9 Lite (based on Android 11)
- Mi 9T, Mi 9T Pro (based on Android 11)
- Mi CC 9, Mi CC 9 Pro (based on Android 11)
- Mi Note 10, Mi Note 10 Lite, Mi Note 10 Pro
- Mi 10, Mi 10 Pro, Mi 10 Lite, Mi 10 Lite Zoom, Mi 10 Ultra
- Mi 10S (among the first phones to get the update)
- Mi 10T, Mi 10T Pro, Mi 10T Lite
- Mi 10i
- Mi 11, Mi 11 Pro, Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 11 Lite 5G (among the first phones to get the update)
- Mi 11i, Mi 11 Lite
- Mi 11X, Mi 11X Pro
- Xiaomi 11T, Xiaomi 11T Pro, Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE
- Xiaomi CIVI
- Xiaomi MIX 4 (among the first phone to get the update)
- Mi MIX Fold
List of Redmi phones eligible for MIUI 13 update
Redmi fans in India can look forward to the MIUI 13 update for models like Redmi Note 10/ Pro/ Lite, Redmi Note 9 Pro, Redmi 9/ 9 Activ, Redmi K20/ K20 Pro, and Redmi Note 10T. Check out the full list.
- Redmi 9A, Redmi 9AT, Redmi 9A Sport (based on Android 11)
- Redmi 9i, Redmi 9i Sport (based on Android 11)
- Redmi 9C, Redmi 9C NFC (based on Android 11)
- Redmi 9, Redmi 9 Activ India models (based on Android 11)
- Redmi 9, Redmi 9 Prime (based on Android 11)
- Redmi 9 Power, Redmi 9T
- Redmi 10X 4G (based on Android 11)
- Redmi 10X 5G, Redmi 10X pro
- Redmi 10, Redmi 10 Prime
- Redmi K20 China and India models (based on Android 11)
- Redmi K20 Pro China and India models (based on Android 11)
- Redmi K20 Pro Premium
- Redmi K30 4G, Redmi K30 5G, Redmi K30 Speed Edition, Redmi K30 Pro, Redmi K30 Pro Zoom, Redmi K30 Ultra
- Redmi K30i 5G
- Redmi K30S Ultra
- Redmi K40, Redmi K40 Pro, Redmi K40 Pro+ (among the first phones to get the update)
- Redmi K40 Gaming Edition
- Redmi Note 8, Redmi Note 8 Pro, Redmi Note 8T (based on Android 11)
- Redmi Note 9 (based on Android 11)
- Redmi Note 8 2021
- Redmi Note 9 4G, Redmi Note 9 5G
- Redmi Note 9T 5G
- Redmi Note 9S
- Redmi Note 9 Pro India and global models
- Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G China model
- Redmi Note 9 Pro Max
- Redmi Note 10 Pro, Redmi Note 10 Pro Max, Redmi Note 10 Lite India models
- Redmi Note 10, Redmi Note 10S
- Redmi Note 10 China model
- Redmi Note 10 5G global
- Redmi Note 10T India and Russia models
- Redmi Note 10 JE, Redmi Note 11 JE Japan model
- Redmi Note 10 Pro global model
- Redmi Note 10 Pro 5G China model
- Redmi Note 11, Redmi Note 11 Pro, Redmi Note 11 Pro+ China models
List of POCO phones eligible for MIUI 13 update
Almost all POCO smartphones are getting the MIUI 13 update, which shouldn’t be a surprise since the brand had a resurgence in the last couple of years only.
- POCO F2 Pro
- POCO F3, POCO F3 GT
- POCO X2
- POCO X3 India model
- POCO X3 Pro, POCO X3 NFC, POCO X3 GT
- POCO M2, POCO M2 Reloaded (based on Android 11)
- POCO M3, POCO M3 Pro 5G
- POCO M2 Pro
- POCO M4 Pro 5G
- POCO C3, POCO C31 (based on Android 11)
MIUI 13 release date
Xiaomiui claims the company may release the beta version of MIUI 13 on November 27th, while the stable version of the UI will be release at a special event on December 16th, which falls in line with the Xiaomi CEO’s confirmation. Flagship phones will be the first to receive the MIUI 13 update, followed by the mid-ranger and other models.
Xiaomi has apparently seeded MIUI 13 beta to recently launched flagships and the testing is currently ongoing. The custom skin based on Android 12 is expected to come as a major upgrade over the current MIUI 12/12.5.
MIUI 13 features (expected)
We can expect battery life improvements and visual improvements. MIUI 13 is expected to bring a revamped UI, with new additions such as floating window for games, which is said to be new on any custom skin. There’s memory fusion technology, which is tipped to be similar to the virtual RAM feature that allocates some part of the storage to RAM for better multitasking. MIUI 13 will add 3GB of expandable RAM on Xiaomi/ Redmi/ POCO phones. It will bring new fonts, redesigned app icons, new animations, an enhanced notification panel, and improved privacy options.
Speculations are rife that it may bring new Always-on display themes, a new power-saving mode to improve battery performance, an improved notification system that could allow managing older, and newer notifications, along with new wallpapers. MIUI 13 is also said to bring iOS-like widgets, a smart toolbox, a front camera assistant, MIUI Pure Mode, and more features.