- The Nothing Phone (2) will come with a punch-hole cutout, dual camera sensors, wireless charging support, and a White colour option.
- While the design appears almost identical to its predecessor, the LED lighting pattern has been significantly redesigned.
- Nothing Phone (2) will come with Snapdragon 8+ Gen1 SoC.
Nothing Phone (2) has slowly started taking the limelight. The company already confirmed the phone’s battery capacity, display size and chipset details. The Flipkart listing is already live and the handset will be manufactured in India. Now, while we wait for the official launch in July, the Nothing Phone 2 renders have surfaced, courtesy of Smartprix and OnLeaks.
The renders are based on live pictures of a Nothing Phone (2) testing unit. It’s possible that the final design of the Nothing Phone (2) may differ slightly due to changes in the latter stages of development.
On first look, the Nothing Phone (1) and Phone (2) look quite identical but there are some subtle changes. Let’s get started.
Nothing Phone (2) design
- Let’s start with the design first. Similar to the Nothing Phone (1), there is a left-positioned punch-hole cutout for the selfie shooter and slim bezels, which doesn’t appear symmetrical.
- The power button is on the right spine, while the volume rocker is on the left edge.
- The USB Type-C port, SIM tray section, and speaker grill are at the bottom.
- Nothing will retain the transparent back panel design with similar LED light strips.
- The Nothing Phone (2) will have dual camera sensors like the predecessor and an LED flash. The phone will also have wireless charging support.
- The renders can be seen in White colour but there could be a Black colour option at launch.
Nothing Phone 1 vs Nothing Phone 2: What has changed?
While the overall outlook might appear similar, there are some notable changes and enhancements compared to the predecessor, going by the report.
- Lighting: The LED lights on the back of the Nothing Phone (2) are tweaked, especially those surrounding the camera module. While the Phone (1) had a C-shaped lighting design, the Nothing Phone (2) features a more angled lighting strip. This change gives the phone a fresh new look.
- Rounded Frame: Nothing Phone (1) featured a more boxy design akin to the most recent iPhones. But the Phone (2) has a more rounded frame. This offers a more comfortable grip on hands and a premium aesthetic appeal.
- Curved design: The back and front of the phone have a slight curvature. This offers an immersive viewing experience and also a better grip.
- LED flash layout: The Nothing Phone (2) gets an upgraded dual LED configuration. This should improve the lighting of the images during low-light conditions.
- Wireless charging lights: In addition to the camera module’s lights, the wireless charging coil has undergone a significant change. Instead of a single long strip, the Nothing Phone (2) will feature multiple small strips of lights. This should allow for independent control of each strip.
Nothing Phone (2) specifications (expected)
- Display: The Nothing Phone (2) will feature a 6.7-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate and an in-display fingerprint sensor.
- Processor: The Phone (2) will be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen1 SoC
- Cameras: The Nothing Phone (2) is expected to feature a 50MP primary camera with OIS. But the secondary camera sensor details are under wraps.
- RAM and Storage: The Nothing Phone (2) is tipped to launch in three variants of 8GB + 128GB, 8GB + 256GB, and 12GB + 256GB.
- Battery: The phone will come with a 4,700mAh battery.