- OnePlus is rolling out the open beta for OxygenOS 13 for OnePlus 10R users
- OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, OnePlus 8T, OnePlus 9R, and 9RT will get ColorOS 13 beta in China on October 10th.
- OnePlus phones run on ColorOS in China while global variants run on OxygenOS.
OnePlus is pushing the Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 update for more of its smartphones. The company had earlier released the OxygenOS 13 stable build for the OnePlus 10 Pro, and the open beta for the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro. Now, OnePlus is bringing the OxygenOS 13 open beta update for the OnePlus 10R. Separately, the company will start rolling out the ColorOS 13 beta update for the OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, OnePlus 8T, OnePlus 9R, and the OnePlus 9RT in China starting October 10th.
OnePlus smartphones run on Oppo’s ColorOS in China, while its global variants run on OxygenOS. With OxygenOS 13, OnePlus has made the operating system very similar to Oppo’s ColorOS. OxygenOS 13 open beta was announced in an official community forum post, while the ColorOS 13 open beta for the Chinese smartphones was announced in a post by ColoOS’ official Weibo handle.
OnePlus 10R gets OxygenOS 13 beta
The update brings Android 13 to OnePlus 10R, which brings all the new features of the latest Android version. Further, the OnePlus 10R also gets a slew of OxygenOS 13 features that include a completely new ‘Aquamorphic Design’ theme and user interface, which is similar to Oppo’s ColorOS.
According to OnePlus’ announcement, OnePlus 10R users need to be on OxygenOS 12 version A.07/ A.08 and OnePlus 10R Endurance Edition users need to be on version A.06/ A.07/ A.08 to get the OxygenOS 13 open beta. Those who are interested in installing the OxygenOS 13 beta on their OnePlus 10R, need to first turn on their developer’s settings by going into Settings > About device > Version > Click Build Number 7 times to open Developer Settings.
Once you have activated developer settings, you need to download the beta file given in OnePlus’ official community post. Once downloaded, go to Settings > About Device > System Update > Click the top right button > Local install > select the file you downloaded from OnePlus’s post > Extract > Upgrade to update to Android 13-based OxygenOS 13.
Here is the complete changelog of the OnePlus 10R OxygenOS 13 open beta update:
OnePlus 10R OxygenOS 13 Open Beta changelog
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognises complex gestures and provides optimised interactions.
- Optimises UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimises the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
- Optimises fonts for better readability.
- Optimises system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognise.
- Enriches and optimises illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds a new type of Always-On Display that shows live information about music, ride-hailing, and food delivery. (Supports only some apps)
- Adds media playback control, and optimises the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalised.
- Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open a floating window inside apps for smooth operation.
- Optimises Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default
- You can search content online and on your device.
- Optimises earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
- Optimises Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimises Insight Always-On Display, with more personalised Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimises Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security & privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots
- The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
Optimises Private Safe
- The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
- Adds Kid Space. When in Kid Space, your browser app automatically switches to Kids mode to create a child-friendly space.
- Adds distance-from-phone, ambient light, and sitting posture reminders in Kid Space.
- Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
- Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
OnePlus 8, 8 Pro, 9R, 9RT to get ColorOS 13 beta on October 10th
Separately, several OnePlus smartphones will start getting the Open Beta for ColorOS 13 on October 10th in China. ColorOS 13 will also bring Android 13 to the OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, OnePlus 8T, OnePlus 9R, and the OnePlus 9RT. Apart from the new Android 13 features, ColorOS on the OnePlus smartphones will also bring similar updates as the OxygenOS 13 update in India and other regions.
ColorOS 13 will also bring features like the Aquamorphic theme and packs, along with new IoT device control module, media playback controls for the updated Control Center, new Home Screen Widgets, global search banners, and more. With ColorOS 13, OnePlus has also updated its Always-On Display, which now allows users to control apps and gives access to more information without unlocking the smartphone.