- The new update includes features like improved face recognition and optimised desktop icons.
- The update also brings new options style for cards, which would make data content more intuitive to read.
- Android 12 was first available on the recently launched Google Pixel 6 and 6 Pro.
OnePlus rolled out the first Android 12 based OxygenOS 12 Open Beta update for the OnePlus 9 and the OnePlus 9 Pro in late October. A second public beta was later released a few days later in late November as well. Now, the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro Android 12 stable update is being rolled out in India. The latest Android 12 update comes with OxygenOS 12 on top and it brings some ColorOS 12-like features and visual similarities. This is to be expected as OnePlus and OPPO will eventually roll out a unified OS in 2022.
According to XDA developers, many OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro users have started to receive the OxygenOS 12 (Android 12) update, with the firmware version OxygenOS 184.108.40.206.LE25DA for the former and OxygenOS 220.127.116.11.LE15DA firmware version for the Pro model. The changelog of the latest stable Android 12 software update is similar to that of the OxygenOS beta 1, which was rolled out in October. The new OS update brings in native Android 12 features as well with, new options style for cards in the shelf, optimized software algorithm, and improved face recognition. Let us take a look at the full changelog of the new OxygenOS 12 update for the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro:
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health stats
- Work-Life Balance
- Work-Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
If till now you haven’t received any new notification about the update, then you can manually check for the update by going to Settings > System > System Updates. Please do note that the software update will release in batches, so you may have to wait for a few days to receive the official update.