- OxygenOS 18.104.22.168 update is now rolling out for the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro.
- It brings a better charging experience, superior camera performance, and better network performance.
- Only OnePlus 9 users in India are receiving the update for now.
The OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro are now on the receiving end of a new OxygenOS build in the form of OxygenOS 22.214.171.124 (via XDA Developers). As the build number somewhat suggests, it is an incremental update that brings forth a host of QoL (Quality of Life) improvements. For starters, it ‘improves the charging experience’ and ‘optimizes power consumption’. These changes are clearly batter-specific, but the changelog neglects to mention any specifics. Moving on, OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 for the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro also improves the camera performance on both smartphones by tweaking its white balance, improving noise sharpening, and other aspects.
OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 for OnePlus 9, OnePlus 9 Pro
- Improved charging experience
- Optimised power consumption
- Fixed known issues and improved stability
- Improved the hidden operation logic of the camera‘s top bar
- Optimized the noise reduction and sharpening effect of the rear camera
- Improved the focusing experience and brightness constancy in indoor scenes
- Improved the accuracy of auto white balance of the rear camera
- Improved network performance
The OxygenOS 184.108.40.206 for the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro also improves ‘network performance.’ Presumably, this could have something to do with both devices’ Wi-Fi connectivity. Once again, the changelog fails to tell us a lot more.
Currently, OxygenOS 220.127.116.11 is available for OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro owners in India. Users based in other regions should get the update soon. Much like OnePlus’ other releases, this one is also staggered, meaning that only a handful of users will get it initially. A wider rollout should commence after some time, once OxygenOS 18.104.22.168 has been determined to be bug-free. Alternatively, you can also sideload the build onto your device if you can’t be bothered to wait for it to arrive OTA.You can check out more news about the other software updates as well as popular product recommendations on our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages and head to our YouTube channel for the latest videos.