- OnePlus is rolling out OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 software update to the OnePlus 9R.
- The update focuses mainly on improving charging stability and fixing bugs.
- The new firmware is currently rolling out to users in India in batches.
The OnePlus 9 series was launched in India on March 23. The new lineup of smartphones has three devices, the OnePlus 9, the OnePlus 9 Pro, and the OnePlus 9R. Earlier this month, the company rolled out a software update to the OnePlus 9 and the OnePlus 9 Pro which brought with it a number of bug fixes. Now, the brand is rolling out a software update to the third device in the series, the OnePlus 9R. The update comes bearing the version number OxygenOS 188.8.131.52. It brings a plethora of bug fixes to improve the stability of the smartphone. Here are the details.
Also read: OnePlus 9R review
OnePlus 9R receiving OxygenOS 184.108.40.206 software update
According to XDA Developers, the OxygenOS 220.127.116.11 update for the OnePlus 9R is rolling out to users in India. The update is being pushed in batches. It means that only a small portion of people will receive the update now with a wider rollout in the coming days.
The update focuses on improving the charging stability, haptic feedback for Call of Duty: Mobile, image loading time in the gallery, the vibrating performance of alarm tone, and Wi-Fi hotspot speed. Furthermore, it fixes issues with calls and ringtones. Below is a complete changelog of the software update.System
- Improved the charging stability to provide a better user experience
- Improved charging stability
- Improved the haptic feedback for Call of Duty Mobile
- Fixed the abnormal change of incoming ringtone with dual SIM cards
- Fixed the delay in incoming calls when the device is in charge
- General bug fixes
- Improved the loading speed of the gallery to speed up the process of previewing pictures
- Improved the vibrating performance of alarm tone
- Improved Wi-Fi Hotspot performance
How to check for software update manually on OnePlus 9R
If you haven’t received the latest software update on your OnePlus 9R already, you can check for it manually by going into Settings > System > System Updates. If the device still doesn’t notify you about the new firmware, it means that your phone is not in the current batch of devices that are set to get the latest update. In that case, you’ll have to wait a bit longer for OnePlus to roll out the new software to your device.
However, if you can’t wait to experience the new firmware, you can install it manually by downloading the update file (thanks to XDA Developers for posting firmware files) and flashing the new firmware from the settings menu. If you are running Oxygen OS 11.2, you can download the incremental update. However, if you are on an older version, you have to flash the full firmware file.
Once you download the update file, transfer it to your smartphone, navigate to Settings > System > System Updates, click on the settings icon, tap the “Local upgrade” option, select the update file, and click on “Install.” Do remember to backup your phone before proceeding with the manual firmware installation process.