- Sony has announced the price and release date of the upcoming PlayStation VR2.
- PS VR2 will be available to pre-order from November 15th.
- Sony has also announced 11 new games for PS VR2.
Months after announcing the specifications of PlayStation VR2, Sony has now revealed further details about its upcoming VR headset. PS VR2 features eye tracking, headset feedback, 3D audio, while the PS VR2 Sense controllers come with adaptive triggers and haptic feedback similar to the DualSense controller. These features will enhance the gameplay experience of VR games on the platform. However, PS VR2 is priced higher than the PS5 in the US, which is expected to be the situation in India as well.
PlayStation VR2 release date, pre-order
PS VR2 is set to launch globally on February 22nd, 2023. The headset will be available to pre-order in the US, UK Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxemberg via PlayStation’s online store from November 15th. PlayStation users in these countries can register for pre-orders right now. In other markets including India, PS VR2 pre-orders are expected to begin on November 15th via local retailers. More details about PS VR2 India pre-orders will be revealed soon.
PlayStation VR2 price
Sony has announced the price of PlayStation VR2 for the US, Europe, UK and Japan. The headset is priced higher than the PS5 in these markets, suggesting this could be the case across the globe. The Indian pricing for PS VR2 isn’t revealed yet. That being said, the prices of PS VR2, its bundle, and an accessory are listed below:
- PS VR2 – $549.99 (approximately Rs 45,568)
- PS VR2 Horizon Call of the Mountain bundle – $599.99 (approximately Rs 49,711)
- PS VR2 Sense controller charging station – $49.99 (approximately Rs 4,141)
PlayStation VR2 games
Along with the previously announced Horizon Call of the Mountain, PS VR2 will get 11 new games in 2023. Upcoming PS VR2 games announced by Sony include:
- Crossfire: Sierra Squad
- The Dark Pictures: Switchback VR
- Cities VR – Enhanced Edition
- The Light Brigade
- Hello Neighbor: Search and Rescue
- Pistol Whip VR
- Jurassic World Aftermath Collection
- After the Fall
- Zenith: The Last City
While the full launch line-up of games isn’t out yet, Sony has said that more than 20 games are expected to be available on February 22nd. That being said, PS VR2 is not backwards compatible with PS VR, confirming you won’t be able to play PS VR games on the new headset.