You can easily access and verify your ration card details online by using your name through your respective state’s official website. Each state is mandated to maintain an updated online portal containing a comprehensive list of ration card information. Whether you’ve recently applied for a ration card or can’t locate your existing one, you can retrieve the details online. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
How to check Ration card details online by name
Since the state issues the ration card, the URL you need to visit to check the ration card status varies. The URL for UP’s ration card website, for example, will be different from that of Delhi. You can look for the URL of your respective state, whether it’s Bihar, Delhi, Arunachal Pradesh (AP), Assam, or West Bengal, via the National Food Security Portal (NFSA).
Using Uttar Pradesh (UP) as an example, we’ll show you how you can check Ration card details online by name.
- Select Uttar Pradesh from the NFSA portal
- Click on the Ration Card Eligibility Test option.
- The National Food Security Act (NFSA) eligibility list will pop up on your screen
- Choose the District –> Town –> Area/ Urban
- The shopkeeper’s list will appear on your screen
- You can check your name and other details, by clicking on the numbers next to the shopkeeper’s name in the Ration Card column
If you can’t find your name on the list, search it using the browser’s find tool. Press Ctrl+F on a Windows laptop/ PC (‘Command+F‘ on Mac) and enter your name or Digitised ration card number.
Ration Card Search Online (State-wise)
Here are ration card website links of some of the popular states:
- Delhi ration card
- UP ration card
- AP ration card (Andhra Pradesh)
- Bihar ration card
- Assam ration card
- Telangana ration card
- West Bengal ration card
- HP ration card
- Tamil Nadu ration card
- Kerala ration card
- Karnataka ration card
- J&K ration card
What can I do to add my name to ration card?
Beneficiaries can add a new name to an existing ration card by visiting their state government’s official food and civil supply department website. Look for the ‘addition of new members’ link. In case, you can’t find the link, head to your nearby zonal office. Download the online form and submit it with the necessary documents to the nearby Zonal / Mamlatdar office. Once the verification of documents and information is complete, the name will be added to the ration card.
Who are eligible for ration cards in India?
- Should be a citizen of India and not hold a ration card of any other state
- User should be above 18 years of age to apply for a ration card – minors/ children below 18 years of age can be included under their parents’ ration card
- Should live and cook separately
- Applicant and member of the family must be close relatives and should not possess any other family card in the same state.
What are the different types of ration cards?
The government has recognised four types of ration cards, each with different colours and benefits:
- Green Ration card: This is for citizens who are above poverty line (APL). They receive 10kg to 20kg of food grains per family per month at 100 percent cost.
- Khaki Ration card: Beneficiaries include Other Priority Households (OPH).
- Yellow Ration card: Beneficiaries include State Below Poverty Line (SBPL) or Central Below Poverty Line (CBPL). They receive 10kg to 20kg of food grains per family per month at 50 percent cost.
- Pink Ration Card: Antodya Anna Yojana (AAY) – given to a person who does not have a stable income, eligible to receive 35kg of food grains per month per family.
What is the procedure to check my ration card details in Odisha?
- Go to foododisha.in and on the home page, click on ‘Beneficiaries list of NFSA 2013’.
- On the next page, click on NFSA Cards and Beneficiaries.
- Select the District, Block/ULB (City), and FPS name. Finally, tap on Get Report.
- This will present you with a list of all the beneficiaries in that particular district and block. Select your card number to see your ration card details.