Realme UI 2.0 update rollout is eagerly anticipated among Realme fans. The latest custom skin from Realme is based on Android 11 and will bring features such as improved notifications management, chat bubbles, built-in screen recorder, and more, to Realme phones. In addition to that, Realme UI 2.0 also comes with a bunch of improvements such as faster performance compared to the first-gen Realme UI, new customisation options, Always-on-Display features, dual-mode music share, and updated notification bar, among other things. The Android 11-based Realme UI 2.0 update is said to arrive on a bunch of Realme mobile phones this year. Here’s a quick look at Realme UI 2.0 update features, supported devices, and more.
Update June 23rd: Realme begins official rollout of Realme UI 2.0 early access for Realme Narzo 30 Pro 5G, Realme Narzo 30A, and Realme 5 Pro. Users will have to fill Google Form to get the update. Follow Realme’s discussion page for more updates.
Realme UI 2.0 update rollout (Early Access) – Realme UI 2.0 will first make it to these devices through the early access programme.
- January 2021: Realme 6, Realme X2, Realme X3, Realme C12, Realme X3 SuperZoom, Realme C15
- February 2021: Realme 6i, Realme Narzo 10
- March 2021: Realme C3, Realme Narzo 10A
- May 2021: Realme X, Realme XT, Realme 3 Pro, Realme 5 Pro, Realme Narzo 20A
Early access to any new software usually comes with bugs and issues that can hinder your phone’s performance. Hence, we would advise you to not to install Realme UI 2.0 Early Access on your device if it’s your daily driver.
Realme UI 2.0 update list: supported devices
The list of Realme UI 2.0 update devices is pretty long. The company has promised to roll out the skin to Realme mobile phones dated back to 2019. We already have Realme UI 2.0 for Realme 6, Realme X2, Realme X2 SuperZoom, and Realme C15, among other devices, but it’s in the beta form. The rollout of Realme UI 2.0 stable version will begin soon for these devices.
Realme UI 2.0 update for X-series phones
- Realme X50 Pro 5G
- Realme X50 5G
- Realme X2 Pro
- Realme X2 (730G)
- Realme XT
- Realme X
- Realme X3
- Realme X3 Super Zoom
- Realme X7
- Realme X7 Pro
- Realme X50m
- Realme X50 Pro Player
Realme UI update for numeric-series phones
- Realme 5 Pro
- Realme 3 Pro
- Realme 6
- Realme 6s
- Realme 6 Pro
- Realme 6i
- Realme 7i
- Realme 7
- Realme 7 Pro
Realme UI 2.0 update for C-series phones
- Realme C3
- Realme C3i
- Realme C11
- Realme C15
- Realme C12
- Realme C17
Realme UI 2.0 update for Narzo-series phones
- Realme Narzo 10
- Realme Narzo 10A
- Realme Narzo 20
- Realme Narzo 20A
- Realme Narzo 20 Pro
Realme UI 2.0 update for V-series phones
- Realme V5
- Realme V3
Realme UI 2.0 features
Realme UI 2.0 is an Android 11-based custom skin, with features such as Dual Mode Music Share, customisable notification bar colours, and multiple dark modes.
- Starting with Dark Mode, Realme UI 2.0 offers three styles: Enhanced, Medium, and Gentle, with auto-adjustment support to automatically adjust the contrast according to the ambient light.
- Global Theme colour function – This lets users set colours for the main interface, shortcut button, notification bar, and 24 other interfaces, as per their preference. It also comes with five built-in colour schemes and 10 single colours.
- Always-on-Display (AOD) – The Realme UI 2.0 has five themes for Always-on-Display (AOD) that allow users to create their own unique AOD patterns with just a touch.
- New fonts and icons – Realme’s new Android custom skin include new icons, which you can customise, and fonts. The Realme UI 2.0 also gives third-party launchers access to Realme’s desktop design for more customisability and the Android 11 notification bar for an easier arrangement of information.
- Sleep Capsule – It’s a new digital wellbeing feature on Realme UI 2.0. This is said to keep track of your daily health and sleep cycle.
- Floating Window – For multi-tasking. Interact with your friends while watching video or playing a game on your phone, says Realme.
- Deep-Sea Privacy Plan – It’s a combination of Invisible Door, Private Space, and Security Shield to ensure that the user’s data and information are safe and secure.
These are some of the headline features of Realme UI 2.0. Realme claims that its new interface offers increased productivity with a 45 percent improvement in system resource utilisation and a 17 percent increase in frame rate stability than the last UI generation.
Realme UI 2.0 release date
Realme UI 2.0 was unveiled back in September last year. The Android custom skin has since been in the trial phase, with an early access programme. The programme is not open to all. It’s only limited to a handful of devices. The early access of Realme UI 2.0 was only available for Realme C12, Realme C15, the Realme 6, the Realme X2, the Realme X3 and the Realme X3 Superzoom, Realme 7 Pro, the Realme 7, the Narzo 20 Pro, the Realme 6 Pro, and Realme X2 Pro, at the time of writing this article.
How to apply for Realme UI 2.0 update
If you’ve any of these devices and want Realme UI 2.0 update early access
- Go to Settings
- Look for Software update
- Select Trial version
- Fill out the form with your details
- And hit Apply Now
You’ll be notified of the Realme UI 2.0 update. That said, Realme recommends that users back up their data before signing up for the programme. It also states that the new software update is not stable and can have an unpredictable impact on the devices running Realme UI 2.0 update. Payment apps such as Google Pay might not work as unstable software often fails to pass Google’s SafetyNet check.