A Snapstreak is a feature that makes users of the ever so popular social media app Snapchat keep coming back every single day. Aimed at giving a sense of achievement, losing a Snapstreak can be upsetting since the daily streak is broken and also lowers the chance of gaining certain rewards in the form of emojis for maintaining streaks. The user may not always be at fault as there are times the app may go through glitches and server issues. That said, in this article, we’ll be showing you the step by step methods to restore and get back your precious Snapchat Streaks numbers. So without any further ado, let’s get started.
What are Snapchat Streaks?
Involving the exchange of pics and short videos called ‘Snaps’, a Snapstreak is considered to be the metric equivalent to the number of likes on other platforms such as Facebook and Instagram. Getting started with a streak simply involves sending a snap (a pic or video) to a friend or a close one, which also requires them to send a snap back to you within the next 24 hours. A Snapstreak is maintained by sending snaps back and forth with the same person at least once a day which is indicated with a fire emoji along with the streak numbers. Failing to do will break the streak and all the numbers gained so far will disappear.
In case, the numbers have disappeared on their own, here’s how you can restore them:
How to restore Snapchat Streaks
Restoring the streaks on Snapchat requires you to go through the support page of Snapchat. Here’s how you can do it on the mobile app and through the official website.
Get Snapchat Streaks back using the mobile app
Here’s how to get back the streaks using the Snapchat app.
- Open the Snapchat app on your iPhone or Android phone
- Tap on your profile/Bitmoji on the top left corner
- Now tap on the ‘Settings’ icon on top right corner
- Scroll down and find the option called ‘I Need Help’ which will be present under ‘Support’
- On the next screen, tap and select ‘Snapstreaks’
- Here find the question that says “What if my Snapstreak has gone away but I know we’ve sent a Snap (not Chat) back and forth within the 24-hour window” and below that select the ‘let us know’ link
- A set of options would appear. Select ‘I lost my Snapstreak’ option
- Now, you are required to fill out a form on this page. Fill in all the details carefully with the right information in order to get your request fulfilled swiftly. The form also asks for the other person’s username you’ve lost the streak with. This means you’ll need to fill the form separately for other lost streaks.
- Once entered all the correct details, hit ‘SEND’
Get Snapchat Streaks back using website
Get back your Snapstreaks using Snapchat’s official website. Here’s how.
- Head over to Snapchat’s website on your phone or PC. Alternatively, you can click on this link
- Under the ‘Popular topics’ heading, select ‘Snapstreaks’
- Now scroll down and find the question that says “What if my Snapstreak has gone away but I know we’ve sent a Snap (not Chat) back and forth within the 24 hour window” and below that select the ‘let us know’ link
- Among the options that appear on the next screen, select the ‘I’ve lost my Snapstreak’ option
- Now, you are required to fill out a form on this page. Enter all the details carefully with the right information in order to get your request fulfilled swiftly. The form also asks for the other person’s username you’ve lost the streak with. This means you’ll need to fill the form separately for other lost streaks with other users.
- After filling up all the details, hit ‘SEND’
Why did you lose your Snapchat streaks?
The sole reason for losing a Snapchat streak is when either of the two people involved in a streak doesn’t exchange a snap within 24 hours of sending the previous snap. A streak can only be maintained when it involves sending and receiving photos or videos. Emojis and text messages do not account for Snapchat streaks.
How to maintain long Snapchat streaks?
In order to to get your Snapchat streaks to keep going for a long period, both the users need to never miss out on sending atleast one snap to each other on a daily basis. Additionally, the streaks are indicated with numbers and certain emojis next to it. This number increases with more snaps you send back and forth with the other person and accordingly the emoji also changes when hitting certain milestones. For instance, streaks between 1 to 100 have a fire emoji (🔥), and above that it changes to a ‘💯’ emoji indicating a 100-day streak. This is a great incentive for Snapchat users to keep their streaks going for days and months and is also a mere entertainment medium.
How long does it take to get back Snapchat streaks?
Once you send in your request for restoring Snapchat streaks, the support team will analyse and verify your application and accordingly get back to you within the next couple of days. If the streaks were lost due to a legitimate reason involving app crashes, server errors or glitches then rejoice as you have a high chance of getting back the lost Snapstreaks.