Sony LIV is a streaming service that offers a variety of movies, web series and TV shows including certain exclusives. This platform along with others have been gaining immense popularity lately due to the pandemic making people spend most of their time inside homes. That said, you might be aware that these platforms charge a premium in order to access their content, with Sony LIV being no different. But rejoice! As in this article, we will guide you through several ways to get a Sony LIV premium subscription without even paying for it.
Sony LIV premium subscription benefits
Sony LIV comes with 2 different plans – LIV Premium and WWE Network. In this article, we are going to cover the former as it includes the majority of the content including the perks of the ‘WWE Network’ plan. The LIV Premium starts at Rs 299 for the 1-month plan, Rs 699 for 6 months and Rs 999 for 12 months. The benefits it offers is that you get to enjoy exclusive originals, the latest international web series & movies, live television and the ability to download episodes for a buffer-free watching experience. Additionally, the plan allows up to 2 concurrent viewers and the setting up of 5 user profiles.
How to get Sony LIV Premium subscription for free
You can get Sony LIV subscription for free as a complimentary offer on the purchase of certain useful services like Jio Fiber, Paytm First and also by redeeming Flipkart Supercoins among other ways. Check out all the different methods to avail of this complimentary offer below.
Sony LIV free subscription offer with Jio Fiber
Jio offers a free Sony LIV subscription when you opt for a Jio Fiber broadband plan above Rs 999. This particular plan offers 150 Mbps of internet speeds with a validity of 30 days and access to 14 other OTT subscriptions from Amazon Prime, Zee5, Disney+ Hotstar and others. Also do note that Jio provides a set-top box with this plan and all the OTT apps can be accessed via the set-top box only.
After setting up a Jio Fiber broadband connection, simply login to the respective streaming service, Sony LIV in this case with your registered phone number to enjoy and binge-watch the offered content.
Sony LIV free subscription offer with Paytm First
Paytm First is a membership program that offers its users exclusive privileges such as guaranteed cashback on payments, discounts on food apps, savings on bus or flight ticket bookings and free access to video streaming services such as Zee5, Voot and of course Sony LIV worth Rs 699 with a validity of 6 months. The Paytm First membership will cost you Rs 899.
Here’s how to purchase Paytm First membership and avail free Sony LIV subscription.
- Open the Paytm app on your phone or download it from Play Store or App Store if you don’t have it installed and sign up using mobile number.
- Once opened the app, search for “Paytm First” on the top search bar
- Select Paytm First icon and proceed to purchase the membership by your preferred choice of payment through UPI, Paytm wallet, Debit/Credit card etc.
- After the payment, you’ll receive a limited validity code which is to be redeemed on the Sony LIV app.
- Open the Sony LIV app (sign up if you haven’t) and enter the code in the ‘View Offers’ sections and tap on ‘Avail offer’ to activate your free 6 months subscription.
Sony LIV free subscription offer with Flipkart SuperCoins
If your Flipkart SuperCoins is just sitting there idle, why not put them to good use. You can redeem these coins to get a free Sony LIV subscription worth Rs 299 and Rs 699 with a validity of 1 month and 6 months respectively. One SuperCoin is equal to Rs 1 meaning if you have 699 coins the 6-month plan can be availed absolutely for free. Here’s how to do it.
- Open the Flipkart app on your phone
- At the bottom nav bar select the ‘SuperCoin’ section
- Scroll down a bit and you’ll find the option to claim Sony LIV for either 1 month or 6 months
- Select the desired option
- Then select the ‘Get using (no. of SuperCoins you have)’ button at the bottom
- Once done, you’ll get a code to be used in the Sony LIV app
- Open the LIV app (sign up if you haven’t) and enter the code in the ‘View Offers’ sections and tap on ‘Avail offer’ to activate your free subscription.
Sony LIV free subscription offer with TimesPrime membership
Times Prime just like Paytm First is a membership-only program that provides its users with a wide range of benefits across many digital services and apps including complimentary subscriptions to food and entertainment-based apps. Sony LIV subscription worth Rs 699 is bundled within this offering and the whole Times Prime membership will cost you Rs 999.
Here’s how to purchase Times Prime membership and avail the free Sony LIV subscription.
- Head over to the official Times Prime website here or download the app from Play Store or App Store
- Signup using your phone number and purchase the membership as instructed in the process
- Next, you’ll get a Sony LIV coupon code upon successful sign-up
- Now open the Sony LIV app on your phone and head over to the ‘View offers’ sections and enter the coupon code
- Tap on ‘Avail offer’ to activate your free subscription
Sony LIV free subscription offer through Google Pay & PayTM
If you’re lucky enough, you can get a free Sony LIV subscription in the form of coupons and rewards by making payments through payment apps such as Google Pay and Paytm. This is completely coincidental and nothing is guaranteed when you’ll receive such a reward.
In case you get a Sony LIV coupon code, here’s how to avail:
- Copy the coupon code into the clipboard
- Open the Sony LIV app and sign up (if you haven’t already)
- Head over to the ‘View Offers’ sections and paste the coupon code
- Next, tap on ‘Avail offer’ to activate your free subscription.