While there is no built-in tool, you can still download Twitter videos and save them locally on your device for offline view. There are several third-party Twitter video downloaders out there that can save/ download any mp4 file from the micro-blogging platform on the device of your choice, including Android mobile phone, iPhone, Mac, and Windows. Twitter video download is not illegal/ restricted, but you may get in trouble with copyright infringements if you decide to share them on your own. We would advise you to get the original owner’s consent before downloading Twitter videos. Got that? Good. Here’s an easy step-by-step guide on how to download Twitter videos.
How to download video from Twitter without app on PC and mobile phone
There are many third-party Twitter video downloaders that work across devices, including Android mobile phone, iPhone, Windows laptop/ PC, and Mac. The one we are recommending here is DownloadTwitterVideos.com. It’s among the nicest web tools to download Twitter videos on the device of your choice. The tool requires no software installation, just the browser that supports downloading is enough.
- To download Twitter videos, copy the video link that you wish to download.
- On the browser, this is super easy. Open the Twitter video on the new tab and copy the link from the address bar. Alternatively, you can click on the ‘upload’ icon next to the like option and select ‘Copy Link to Tweet’.
- App users can tap on the ‘share’ icon and select the ‘Copy Link’ option from the menu to download the Twitter video.
- After this, open your web browser and load DownloadTwitterVideo.com
- Paste the Twitter video link on the search bar and click/ tap on the Download MP4 button. This will automatically convert and download the video.
- The good thing about this YouTube video downloader is that it allows you to save videos in SD and HD qualities
How to download video from Twitter on Android mobile phone
The web tool DownloadTwitterVideo.com also has a dedicated app for Android devices to download Twitter videos. The app is ad-supported, but you can get rid of them through an in-app purchase of Rs 80.
- Head over to Google Play Store and download the ‘Download Twitter Videos – Twitter video downloader’ app
- After the installation and initial setup, paste the Twitter video link you wish to download on the ‘Your Link’ box within the app
- Hit the blue download icon to save the video offline. At first, it’ll ask you for permission to access storage. Once you’ve allowed it, the app will automatically download Twitter videos on your phone.
- The video will be saved on your phone’s gallery. You can also view and share the downloaded files via the Download Twitter Videos app as well.
In case, you missed the ‘Download the highest video quality’ option during the initial setup of the Download Twitter Videos app, you can do so by tapping on the gear icon at the top right corner of the screen. This will take you to the app’s settings page from where you can enable Download the highest quality video option. You can also use the app to download Instagram videos.
Twitter video download app for iPhone
iPhone users can download Documents: Files, PDF, Browser app from the App Store to save Twitter videos for offline view.
- Go to the Twitter app/ web page and copy the link with video
- Now, open the installed Documents: Files, PDF, Browser app on your iPhone and tap on the compass icon on the lower right to launch the browser.
- Search twdown.net from the browser and paste the Twitter video link on the ‘Enter Video Link’. Hit ‘Download’ to proceed
- The web page will fetch the results and give you the option to download a Twitter video in quality (1280 x 720, 480 x 270 or 640 x 360) of your preference. There is an option to convert Twitter video to mp3 as well
- Click on the ‘Download’ button and rename the file (if necessary) and select ‘Done’
The Twitter video will download on your iPhone for free. To view your downloaded videos, open the app, select the compass icon and look for the ‘downward arrow’ icon. There you’ll find all the Twitter videos saved on your mobile phone.
Is it legal/ safe to download videos from Twitter?
It’s not illegal to download someone else’s videos from Twitter. However, as stated above, you may get in trouble if you decide to share them. It’s always better to get the source permission before saving the Twitter video on your device.
How do I save photos from Twitter
The simplest way would be to take the screenshot and crop the unwanted parts. Alternatively, you can download Twitter photos on mobile phone by
- Loading the app and tapping the Twitter image you wish to download
- Hit the three-dot icon at the top right corner of the screen and select ‘Save’
- The photo will be saved on the phone’s gallery in a folder called Twitter
Desktop users can right-click on the image and select the ‘Save image’ option to download the Twitter photo on their device.
How to share video on Twitter without retweeting
To do so, tap on the Share icon, next to Retweets and Likes –> select ‘Share Via’. From the menu that slides up from the bottom of the screen, select Twitter –> add text (if any) –> and hit ‘Tweet’.