- Customers can now update documents in their Aadhaar records online free of cost.
- Users can avail free document update facility on the ‘myAadhaar’ portal for the next three months ie. from March 15th to June 14th.
- The service is free of cost only on myAadhaar portal and there will be a charge of Rs 50 at the physical Aadhaar centres.
UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) has announced that customers can now update documents in their Aadhaar online free of cost. This move is expected to benefit crores of residents across the country. UIDAI further added that this decision has been taken as a part of the Digital India initiative which allows users to avail free document update facility on ‘myAadhaar’ portal for the next three months i.e. from March 15th to June 14th. Do note the service is free of cost only on the myAadhaar portal and there will be a charge of Rs 50 at the physical centres.
Here’s how you can avail free document updating on myAadhaar portal
Residents of India can update demographic details like name, date of birth, address, etc on the myAadhaar portal. Here’s how to update any detail digitally:
- Firstly, users have to log in to the myAadhaar website (https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/) using their Aadhaar number and authenticate using the one-time password shared on the registered mobile number.
- Here, users have to select the ‘document update’ icon, where they will be displayed the existing details. The Aadhaar holder needs to verify the details; if found correct, click on the next hyperlink.
- In the next screen, users have to select the Proof of Identity (PoI) and Proof of Address (PoA) documents from the dropdown list and upload copies to update the documents.
UIDAI says that as per the Aadhaar Enrolment and Update Regulations, 2016, Aadhaar holders across the country, on competition of every 10 years from the date of enrolment for Aadhaar, need to update their supporting documents, at least once, by submitting Proof of Identity (PoI) and Proof of Address (PoA) documents to ensure the details are accurate.