In case you’re having trouble using the internet on your Vodafone Idea network, you need to check the APN settings of your smartphone. Wondering what does APN mean? Well, APN (or Access Point Names) settings are specific to each carrier’s mobile network like Vi in this case, and allow its users to connect to the internet using their device – be it Android, iOS, Windows, or any other. It can also help you enjoy a faster internet connection to download apps, watch HD videos, play online games and more without any interruption.
Normally, the APN settings are automatically configured on your phone by the provider itself. But there is a good chance that the internet issue you’re facing can be resolved by manually setting up the best APN settings for Vi.
How to change Vodafone Idea APN settings
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how you can make changes in Vodafone Idea APN settings to enjoy high-speed internet on your Android, iOS, or Windows smartphones:
On Android phone
- Open the Settings app on your Android mobile phone
- Select the Wireless & Network option from the menu and then, click SIM & Network
- Now, tap on the active Vi SIM slot and scroll down to Access point names option
- Clicking on it will open a new window with the existing settings. To add new APN, go to the + icon on the top right corner of the screen
- Enter the Name field and set APN as “www” (leave the rest of the fields as empty or default)
- Save the settings and then restart your Android device to apply the new APN settings for faster internet access
Usually, the APN settings are not editable on iOS devices and are downloaded automatically by the carrier. But in case it didn’t happen, follow the below steps.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and go to Cellular. Make sure the Cellular Data toggle is turned on
- Now, tap on Cellular Data Options and then, select Cellular Data Network
- Input the Name and set APN as “iPhone”
- Hit the home button to save the new Vi APN settings and then, restart your phone to enjoy high-speed internet connection on your device
On Windows phone
- Open the App list on your Windows phone and choose Settings
- Select the Network and Wireless option, followed by Cellular & SIM
- Under the Cellular section, tap on the active SIM card and then, click Properties
- Choose Add an Internet APN option under Internet APN
- Enter the Name, set APN field as “www” and tap on Save. Your new APN settings are now active on your Windows mobile phone
How can I get Vi internet settings through SMS on my phone?
To receive Vi internet settings on your mobile phone, just SMS “ALL” to 199.
I changed my APN but I’m still getting a slow internet speed. What can I do?
If changing the APN settings of your Vodafone Idea SIM does not help you with your internet troubles, it is best to shift to the default APN settings provided by the carrier. You can follow the above-mentioned steps for the same but instead of adding a new APN setting, tap on the option to reset to default settings and restart your phone. Your issue will be resolved.