- IPL live streaming in India on mobile phone and laptop is available on Disney+ Hotstar
- Disney Plus Hotstar subscription starts at Rs 299
- You can waive those charges and watch IPL live for free with select Airtel, Vi, and Jio prepaid and postpaid plans
Update: IPL 2021 has been suspended indefinitely, following several positive Covid-19 cases across teams over the past couple of days. “We will meet again soon and decide when we can conclude this edition, we will have to see when is the next window available”, said BCCI vice president Rajeev Shukla.
How to watch IPL free: The 14th season of the Indian Premier League (IPL) is now underway, with eight teams: MI, CSK, RCB, PSKS, SRH, DC, KKR, and RR, competing against each other. In IPL 2021, today, Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) will take on Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahemdabad. The IPL match will kickstart at 07:30 pm. Since no in-person attendance is allowed, fans can only watch IPL 2021 live on screens. BCCI has continued its partnership with Star Sports network and its video-on-demand streaming service Disney Plus Hostar to live stream IPL 2021 in the country. Disney Plus Hotstar subscription price in India starts at Rs 299 a month. However, there are some ways through which you can watch IPL live streaming free on mobile and laptop.
IPL live streaming: How to watch IPL 2021 free on mobile
You can only watch IPL on mobile and laptop via Disney Plus Hotstar in India.
- As for mobile users, the Disney Plus Hotstar app is available for download for free from Google Play Store and App Store on Android mobile phones and iPhones respectively.
- You must login with your Facebook/ email ID or mobile number to live stream IPL.
- The first 5 minutes will be free for all, thereafter, you’ll be asked to subscribe to either Disney Plus Hotstar VIP or Premium subscription.
- Disney Plus Hotstar VIP is priced at Rs 399 a year, while the Premium account costs Rs 299/ month or Rs 1,499/ year.
You can waive those charges and watch IPL live free on mobile phone with select Jio, Airtel, Vi recharge packs and Flipkart SuperCoins – whose details you can find on this link. Additionally, Tata Sky DTH users can livestream IPL for free using the proprietor’s app. For that, subscribe to Star Sports channels –> download Tata Sky app on your Android mobile phone –> and login with your DTH connection details. Download Tata Sky app for iOS and Android.
Airtel, Vi, and Jio prepaid plans with complimentary Disney Plus Hotstar annual subscription starts at Rs 401. The packs are bundled with Hotstar’s VIP subscription, which is worth Rs 399, along with free voice calls, SMSes, data, and other benefits.
IPL live streaming: How to watch IPL 2021 free on laptop
- You can use that Disney Plus Hotstar ID to watch IPL 2021 on laptop as well.
- Visit https://www.hotstar.com/in and login with your Facebook/ email account or mobile number.
- The streaming service works across browsers, including the popular Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
IPL 2021 live telecast on TV
The live telecast of IPL 2021 will be available on these Star Sports channels:
- Star Sports 1 HD and SD
- Star Sports Select 1
- Star Sports 3 HD and SD
- Star Sports Telugu
- Star Sports Tamil
- Star Sports Kannada
- Star Sports Bangla
The IPL 2021 Hindi coverage will be available via Star Sports 1, Star Sports 1 HD, while the English broadcast will be on all other Star Sports pay channels. If you have a smart TV, you can download the Disney Plus Hotstar app to livestream IPL.
Best apps to watch IPL 2021
- Disney+ Hotstar
- Kayo Sports
- Hotstar US and Canada
- Now Sky Sports
Disney Plus Hotstar is the best app to watch IPL 2021 online in India. Outside India, you can live stream IPL via YuppTV, Kayo Sports, Willow TV, and Now Star Sports, among others. YuppTV holds the exclusive digital rights of IPL in almost 100 countries around the world, including from Australia, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, the Maldives, and through Europe, South and Central America, and South-East Asia except for Singapore and Malaysia. The app requires a subscription whose membership is priced at Rs 49 per month at least in India.
Kayo Sports app is for fans in Australia to watch IPL online, while those in the US and Canada can stream the matches live via their Hotstar app. Fans in the UK can watch IPL live on TV, mobile, or laptop via Now Sky Sports.
The night matches begin at 7.30 pm IST, while the day matches will have an afternoon start at 3.30 pm IST. There are as many as 11 doubleheaders.
IPL 2021 schedule this week
DATE & DAY
KKR vs RCB
May 3, Monday
SRH vs MI
May 4, Tuesday
RR vs CSK
May 5, Wed
RCB vs PBKS
May 6, Thursday
SRH vs CSK
May 7, Friday
KKR vs DC
May 8, Saturday
RR vs MI
May 8, Saturday
CSK vs PBKS
May 9, Sunday
RCB vs SRH
May 9, Sunday