What If…? Episode 1 will soon be available to watch online in India. The first episode of the first-ever animated TV series from Marvel Studios is all set to release today i.e. August 11th, at 12:30 pm IST. The What If…? series will explore alternate timelines of major moments in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Actor Jeffrey Wright will be the narrator of the series. He’ll be essaying the role of Uatu/The Watcher who observes the multiverse. What If..? Season 1 will contain nine episodes and a second season is already in the works. If you are wondering how to watch Marvel What if online in India, here’s a quick guide:
What If release date in India
Marvel Studios has set the release date for the first episode of the What If…? series in India for August 11th. The company will release new episodes of the series every Wednesday. The season finale of the What If…?, as stated above, will release on October 13th. Since the series will be part of Marvel Cinematic Universe, the makers are also gearing up for the second season, which will also comprise nine episodes.
How to watch What If online in India
What If…? will stream online in India exclusively on Disney Plus Hotstar. Unlike the Loki series, the animated series from Marvel Studios won’t be available on Hotstar VIP in Hindi, Tamil or Telugu. You will require Disney Plus Hotstar Premium subscription to watch What If…? online in India.
Disney Plus Hotstar Premium subscription plans are currently as follows:
- Rs 299 for a month
- Rs 1,499 for a year
How to get Disney+ Hotstar Premium subscription for free
If you don’t have Disney Plus Hotstar Premium subscription or your subscription has expired, then you can get it for free with Flipkart SuperCoins. The Flipkart SuperCoins, for those unaware, is a reward-based system that Flipkart offers every time you shop from its platform. You earn two SuperCoins (max 100 per order) for every Rs 100 spent on Flipkart. One SuperCoin is worth Re 1. You can use these SuperCoins for various services like Disney Plus Hotstar premium subscription.
This is how you can use Flipkart SuperCoins to get access to Disney Plus Hotstar premium subscription and watch What If…? online in India for free:
- Login with your ID on Flipkart and go to SuperCoin Zone. The option will be in your profile section.
- You’ll see the SuperCoins on your account on the following screen. If you have 299 or 1,499 SuperCoins, click/ tap on ‘View All’ beside the ‘Stay Entertained’ section.
- Now, click/ tap on Disney Plus Hotstar subscription to redeem SuperCoins
- Once the process is complete you’ll be able to stream What If…? series for free on mobile, laptop, or smart TV.
What If…? trailer and what to expect
As seen from the trailer, What If…? will be all about alternate realities such as what if Tony Stark gets saved by Killmonger, what if Carter became Captain America, and what if avengers became zombies, among other things. AC Bradley is the head writer of the series, while Bryan Andrews is the director. Every What If…? episode is said to begin with a question and feature some of the iconic superhero characters from Marvel, namely T’Challa/Star-Lord, Doctor Strange, Thor, Loki, Hawkeye, Vision, Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Howard the Duck, and The Ancient One.
What If…? Cast
What If…? has a long list of cast members that are voicing the animated characters in the show. Here’s a quick look at some of them:
- Hayley Atwell as Captain Peggy Carter
- Jeff Goldblum as Grandmaster
- Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa/Star-Lord
- Dominic Cooper as Howard Stark
- Michael Douglas as Hank Pym
- David Dastmalchian as Kurt
- Seth Green as Howard the Duck
- Frank Grillo as Brock Rumlow
- Chris Hemsworth as Thor
- Tom Hiddleston as Loki
- Djimon Hounsou as Korath the Pursuer
- Toby Jones as Arnim Zola
- Natalie Portman as Jane Foster
- Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton / Hawkeye
- Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury
- Karen Gillan as Nebula
- Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner
- Paul Rudd as Scott Lang
- Taika Waititi as Korg