- WhatsApp is reportedly rolling out the audio and video calls for the WhatsApp Web and desktop app.
- The rollout is restricted to a limited number of users.
- More WhatsApp web and desktop app users should get the feature within a few weeks.
Back in October 2020, WhatsApp said that the company was planning to release a video and voice call option for WhatsApp Web and desktop app. The platform rolled out the feature for limited users in the past. Now, it seems like the company is ready to make it accessible to a wider audience. The calling feature has been available on the mobile app for a long time now and sometimes acts as a crucial way to make a call. Now, tipster Mukul Sharma has shared a tweet regarding the feature, hinting it will be available for all soon. This may not be something new to users who use the beta version of the WhatsApp web and had access to the feature for a while now.
Phone calls on WhatsApp Web. Neat.#WhatsApp pic.twitter.com/NHuHLAjhPA— Mukul Sharma (@stufflistings) February 12, 2022
How to make a WhatsApp call on PC
Follow these steps to make a video and voice call on WhatsApp Web:
Step 1: Download the WhatsApp application or head to the WhatsApp web.
Step 2: Scan the OR Code using your smartphone.
Step 3: Open the chat of the individual you like to video call.
Step 4: click on the voice call icon or the video call icon at the top right corner.
System requirements for WhatsApp call on PC
To make a call on the WhatsApp web, one needs to have these three things:
1. A microphone for audio input and an audio output device like headphones, speaker.
2. A webcam or external camera for video capturing on video calls.
3. A stable internet connection for a lag-free experience during a call.
For more details, head over to this article.