- Xiaomi introduced an easy repair status check tool for smartphones back in 2017.
- The online service allows users to check the repair status without having to call or go to the service centre.
- The company also offers pickup and drop services in some regions.
Xiaomi has a vast userbase in India thanks to its large portfolio of smartphones, accessories, TVs, speakers, and so on. The company has been seeing good growth in the last few years and has sold around 37 million phones in the last quarter alone. It has a total market share of 29 per cent in the country. With such a large reach, Xiaomi needs to cater to the service needs of all its users and has service centres in almost all major cities. To make things easy for the customer, Xiaomi launched an online phone repair status checker back in 2017. Here’s how you can use the service to check your Xiaomi phone repair status online.
How to check Xiaomi phone repair status online
The online service allows Xiaomi users to check the repair status of their devices with ease. You no longer have to keep calling or visiting the service center to know what’s happening with your Xiaomi product.
Simply follow the steps below to find the service status.
- Head over to the Mi India Repair Status website.
- Input the mobile number that you used when sending your Xiaomi product for service.
- You can also type in your order number, service number, or IMEI number.
- Type in the OTP that you receive on your registered mobile phone.
- A receipt will be presented to you with the details and repair status of your device.
The receipt will tell you the stage your device is currently in. It could include ‘under inspection, To be checked, work in progress, ready for delivery, or canceled.’ Once the product is ready, you can also have it delivered to your address, if your area is serviceable.
This is a really well though initiative by Xiaomi India and makes it easier for the customer to know the status of their device. Xiaomi also offers a Hotline number, Chat support, and Mi Protect plans to further make service easy for you.
While you wait for your Xiaomi phone to return from service, you can check out more news about the other upcoming smartphones as well as popular product recommendations on our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages and head to our YouTube channel for the latest videos.