Market Status: Available in India
Updated on:Oct 01, 2016
Release Date: Nov 16, 2012 (Official)
Official Website:Click here
Trendy and powerful smartphone that is affordable too
LG has provided a beautifully designed phone along with the right balance of features and performances in the form of LG Optimus L9.
LG Optimus L9 sports a 4.7 inch IPS capacitive touch screen which runs on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and is powered by 1GHz Dual Core processor, PowerVR SGX540 GPU and 1GB DDR2 RAM. It has a rich display that provides an enhanced HD viewing experience with its bright screen.
The smartphone has 5MP of rear camera for shutterbugs as well as a front camera for video calling. It has 4GB of inbuilt memory that is expandable upto 32GB via micro SD card.
LG Optimus L9 has a trendy and sleek body that is easy to carry. The device also comes with a strong battery support. It is a complete smartphone that provides the right balance between looks, performance, features and price.
LG Optimus L9 (Black, 4 GB)
2-4 Working Days
LG Optimus L9 Black
Out Of Stock1-7 Working Days
LG Optimus L9 P765
Out Of Stock1-4 Working Days
Just when we thought LG was done with its Optimus L-series for the year, the Korean company surprised us with the LG Optimus L9, which replaces the Optimus L7 at the low-end range. The L-series devices are positioned as LG`s stylish yet affordable line of entry- to mid-level phones, so they definitely don`t compare to the company`s quad-core offerings like the 4X HD or the Optimus G. Instead, the L9 runs Android 4.0 and boasts a 4.5-inch qHD disp...
Overall User Rating (4.4 Out of 5 based on 231 ratings)
Overall: First off all, hats off to flipkart, got delivery within 3 days, that too when I ordered on Sunday. Now we take a look at the specs of this beast:
1. TI OMAP 4430 SOC(Dual Cortex A9+SGX540), for those who don't know this is the same SOC(chip) present in Galaxy Tab 7" and 10" series, Galaxy Nexus, Droid RAZR and a bunch of other high-end devices from 2012-2013, so, right there on the performance metric.
2. 4.7" IPS panel, amazing viewing angle and 30% brightness is enough except for sunlight, for which a mere 50% does the job. Excellent viewing angles and qHD display gives 240PPI, meaning, crisp clear image with no aliasing.
3. 1GB RAM is enough for everything, and this really has 1GB RAM, not 768MB, free RAM is 300-400MB at any time, ample.
4. 2150mah batt, which is the largest among all phones except Note series, excellent battery life, normal use will get you 1.5-2 days easy.
5. LG Optimus UI 3.0 is extremely fluid, as good as Samsung's UI and certainly better than HTC's, phone is snappy, no lags whatsoever, and browsing is fluid and fast, excellent OS customization by LG.
6. Comes with bundles of premium software like QTranslator, Polaris Office etc.
7. And the others like NFC, WiFiDirect, GPS, Compass, FM+RDS etc are also present, LG does not skimp on features.
8. Extremely lightweight and thin phone, a beauty to hold and handle.
Now, the Cons:
1. The camera while good in daylight is not at all upto the mark in low light/night, so if you buy phones for the camera only, give this a wide berth. Same goes for 1080P recording, downsampling helps, but not that much. But if you take casual snapshots and are not a image quality freak then its perfect, camera UI is snappy, takes panorama, and has some customization settings.
2. 4GB internal memory, do you buy a 20k smartphone just to play super HD games and install about 5-6 such games at the same time? If yes, then this is not for you either. But if you play one or two super HD game and some casual games like Temple Run 2, Angry Birds, Ninjump, Fruitninja, you can do it easy. Rooting can circumvent this issue, but since that goes against warranty policy I will not elaborate it here.
3. No Jelly Bean at launch, but a jelly bean has been confirmed for our model: http://bit.ly/VEh6iG
4. Memory card is not hot swappable, but that's not that big of a con anyway as this has plethora of connectivity options like Bluetooth, wifi.
Now how does this make Optimus L9 the best solution under 22k? Well lets see the competition, there's galaxy s advance with smaller screen and lower resolution, 768MB RAM, and 1500mah battery, pfft, now grand, it has a 190ppi screen, meaning you could count pixels, a videocore gpu that no other company uses with performance all over the floor for 4k higher price. And finally Xperia P which is as good or better than L9 but has a 1300mah battery, meaning you should carry the charger 24x7 with you.
Now Optimus L9 has every base covered, unlike other companies it does not cut cost by reducing hardware specs like ram, battery, screen size, but only the camera and I for one do not buy a smartphone for its camera only, I use a FZ150 for that task, so this phone is perfect for me, plays all games smoothly, browsing is as fluid as it can be, interface is as smooth as Jelly Bean, and finally, the screen is too gorgeous, also it has nice design as well, lightweight, and frankly looks better than Samsung sets easily, battery life is better than every android set I had ever used in my life, and it charges extremely fast, does not heat up when charging or gaming(a little heating for extreme quality games), good signal reception and very low SAR for all the health conscious people out there.
So what is my verdict?
If you have a budget of 23k or lower(i.e don't want to shell out 25k for Xperia SL/Optimus 4XHD) then buy the LG Optimus L9 eyes closed, its "Living Large" baby, satisfaction guaranteed.