An Affordable Dual-SIM Smartphone
Micromax A89 Ninja has been complemented with a 4-inch WVGA TFT Capacitive Touchscreen display that bears a display resolution of 480x800 pixels. This device from Micromax runs on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Operating System.
Micromax has powered the A89 Ninja smartphone with a 1GHZ MediaTek MT6577 Dual-Core Processor accompanied by 512MB of RAM. The Dual-SIM smartphone features a 3-megapixel Rear Camera out of the box. It comes with an onboard Storage capacity of 2GB which can be further expanded externally up to 32GB via Micro SD Card.
Micromax A89 Ninja offers a Dual-SIM support that works as the USP for the device. The gorgeous display accompanied by a processor that is one of the best in the segment making the device a good buy for those who are looking for a budget friendly smartphone.
Running Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) OS, the Micromax A89 Ninja is a slab smartphone, modeling a TFT LCD touchscreen display with 480 x 800 pixel native resolution, a 1 GHz dual-core MediaTek processor and a 1450 mAh battery. Additional features include 512RAM, GPS, 2GB internal storage, a microSD media slot (up to 32GB expansion), a 3-megapixel rear-facing camera, as well as microUSB, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity options....
Overall User Rating (4.3 Out of 5 based on 609 ratings)
Overall: This is one of the best products that mmx has released better than any of its other sets for this price range...the previous best was mmx aisha a52...
It is loaded with all premium features of a smartphone in the range of 15-20k..
I purchased this on 4th february for Rs 5900 from a local store,3 days after it was released...
Though i was a bit confused b/w mmx a89,xolo a500 and lava irisn400..but finally made a call on this set... and till now i have no regrets at all after a week's usage..
Here is my complete review:
1. Dual core processor (very fast n no lags at all) & android ICS
2. 512 (472) MB RAM out of which around 230 is used by processes and around 240 remains free out of the box
3. 3.9" very smooth capacitive touch screen with great resolution (800*480) .looks like an IPS display
4. Great Loudspeaker with very good clarity
5. 2.1 GB internal storage memory and 503 MB for apps
6. Ambient light sensor,g-sensor,proximity sensor all work fine but magnetic field sensors does't work
7. Plays 720p videos smoothly..it even plays MKV formats (get MX player for better experience)
8. Quadrant (2879) ,neenamark 2 (27.4 fps) and antutu (7214) benchmarks scores are also v.good (my set)
9. Built quality is also v.good,looks premium
10. All general games and some HD games run smoothly like temple run 2,need for speed most wanted,dead trigger,six guns etc..
11. Comes with a screen guard.
12. Call quality,signal strength all are good.
13. Other general feature like 3G,wifi hotspot,gps all work fine
14. Lastly the price...Just excellent pricing by mmx...
1. Worst headphones as always by mmx..no bass..better get sony or philips headsets..since my samsung headphones were not compatible with this handset..
2. Could have been better if it had provided a secondary camera though 3MP FF camera works ok..and video rec. is also ok.
3. Battery back up in normal usage lasts for around 12hrs but under heavy usage like gaming,net,videos and music discharges in 6-8hrs.It also heats up under heavy usage but it is very comman in smartphones..not much of a concern..
4. Preloaded with a junk of mmx apps which eats up some space and ram
5. Basic 2-point multitouch unlike mmx aisha a52 which had 5-point multitouch
Well,it is beyond doubt the best budget phone in the market at present.
just one word "AWESOME"