Smart with emotions
Samsung Galaxy S II Plus I9105 is a smart device with a standard display size along with some decent features. Its powerful configuration, its high resolution camera along with great 3G capability are some smart features which are ready to attract buyers. It carries a highly sensitive screen. Its simple and clean looks stylish and also its Nature Inspire UX and sound that brings a comfortable feeling. Its Direct call facility help users to easily make a call just by raising phone to their ears. A nice phone to flaunt.
Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus GSM Mobile Phone (Blue)
Out Of Stock1-7 Working Days
Samsung Galaxy SII Plus I9105
Out Of Stock1-4 Working Days
Released back in 2011, the Samsung Galaxy S II took the world by storm. Now u2013 almost two years after the former flagship`s introduction, a refreshed model has arrived. Referred to as the Samsung Galaxy S II Plus, it offers pretty much nothing new in......
Overall User Rating (3.1 Out of 5 based on 96 ratings)
Overall: In the first instance both these devices look identical, but as always, devil lies in details.
S2+is available for Rs. 22900 and S2 is available for Rs. 24400 (after discount). Price difference between S2 and S2+ is only Rs. 1500.
For following reasons we should opt for paying Rs. 1500 more for S2.
(1) S2 has Corning gorilla Glass. Both these phones are great looking phones initially, but eventually scratches will ruin the beauty of S2+, which doesn't have Corning gorilla glass. Buying a protective screen will become mandatory for S2+ and thats going to cost you atleast Rs 300 more, and even then it will be just a cover, a cheap one. It wont be a match to a Corning gorilla glass.
(2) S2 has 16 GB internal memory, while S2+ has just 8 GB of internal memory. Out of 16 GB of S2, user will have access to about 11.24 GB. But out of 8 Gb in S2+, user will be able to use only around 4.5 GB. By the time u save a few mp3 or videos, it will be full. And once you've neared this 4.5 GB limit, the phone will start showing signs of working a little bit slow, which will be a big irritant. Eventually you will have to buy a microSd card. If you buy a 16 GB microSd, its going to cost you another Rs. 600, atleast. So spending a little more for buying S2 seems a good idea.
(3) S2 has USB OTG ( I.e USB on the go) but S2+ doesn't. For those who do not know, what is USB OTG, watch any youtube video for getting impressed with this novel technology. With USB OTG, you can connect a pendrive directly to your phone as if you were connecting your pendrive to your laptop/desktop. No need to connect your pendrive and your phone to your laptop to transfer data from pendrive to ur phone. You can not only connect your pendrive directly to your phone but also can connect a keyboard. You will regret not having USB OTG only because you chose to pay Rs. 1500 less.
(4) The latest samsung galasy S4 (about to be released in April 2013) is going to have an EXYNOS chipset, which is also in S2, but not in S2+. There must be some strong reason why samsung chose to use Exynos chipset instead of Broadcom chipset in its flagship phone S4. This gives some more reason to spend Rs 1500 more on S2.
(5) The processor used in S2 is Cortex A9 which is a very renowned processor. But processor used in S2+ has not been disclosed by Samsung. Again S2 scores over S2+.
(6) Graphics processor used in S2( Mali 400 MP) is a much better graphics processor than Broadcom videocore IV used in S2+.
(7) Although TV out function is rarely used by anyone, but just by spending Rs. 1500 more you will get the facility of connecting your phone to your TV. S2 again trumps S2+ in this department.
(8) And the last point why we should go for S2 instead of S2+ is the contrast ratio. For S2, the contrast ratio is 2.832:1, while for S2+ it is2.801:1. Better contrast ratio means better visibility under Sun.
The differences that I've mentioned are the major ones. As far as OS is concerned, samsung is releasing the official jelly bean version for S2, all around the world. Its only a matter of time before jelly bean for S2 is released in India too.
So for all intents and purposes, go for galasy S2, and NOT for S2+.
You wont regret spending Rs 1500 more on S2.
For more details about specifications of these two phones, visit www.gsmarena.com