Extremely disappointed VGA Output Not available
30 Aug 2014 By Chandan Kumar On flipkart.com
I never expected while placing the order that the product will not contain VGA output and I must confirm with seller before placing the order, as VGA output is a very common part of all standard size laptops.
I am not satisfied with the product as it is useless for me without VGA port as I am required to connect the laptop with projector many time to provide presentation and training. Without VGA port I won't be able to connect the Laptop with projector.
It was not mentioned on website while placing the order that VGA output: Not available in product (as it is common and mandatory feature of any standard size laptop).
Refer to the HP Compaq Laptop Setup Instruction received inside the box with laptop delivered. Review under Quick Tour option Point 14: HP Compaq Laptop contains External Monitor Port (VGA Output) with * mark and comment “Select Models Only”.
In the same way the same information must had been updated on the www.flipkart.com website that VGA Output: “NA or available with select models only”.
But above was not updated on the www.flipkart.com website from retailer side. It is a clear that wrong information was updated on website. And customer is not responsible for wrong order.
SO why, I didn’t feel to confirm about VGA Output availability in the product before placing the order. It is against consumer right of online sale.
read more ▼
HP Compaq 15 ReviewFrom Flipkart
21 Sep 2014 By Hans Raj Bhatt On flipkart.com
Friends I tried to search reviews about this particular model/product but didn't succeed in getting any kind of review on any of the websites. So here's my review after using this product for a week.
1. Got the product delivered exactly as promised on due date and was a good deal for me at a price of Rs 31,200/-. Safe packing as well. Warranty checked on-line and found it beginning from future(Product delivery date 13 Sep 14, Warranty commencement 19 Sep 14 for one year).
2. It has a single output port for speaker and mic which means I can use my mobile hands-free without any problem. My earlier laptop had two ports i.e. one for speakers and one for mic which invariably meant that my mobile hands-free was useless and separate mic plus headphone combo had to be used.
3. It has HDMI out, which means I can see the desired video on my TV as when without any hassles(Would have loved the VGA port also which is missing).
4. Battery backup is actually more than 4 hrs when working on documents. Though I couldn't check it with video or game alone. It would be less for sure.
5. Mousepad is matt finish thus feels good. Though I had to download synaptics pointing device driver so as to ensure that the trackpad is disabled by double click action as I use usb mouse and the sensitive trackpad was making typing difficult.
6. Feels lightweight.
7. It has a led next to the hd camera, thus indicating that the camera is on. Not every laptop has this feature. Also the mic is just next to the cam.
8. Heating is pretty less and you can comfortably work for hrs keeping it on your lap.
1. Windows 8 drivers support needs refinement. The WiFi button driver does not work at all. I installed windows 7 for same reason. Also Bluetooth doesn't work with Win 8 at all.
2. No button or switch to enable/disable Bluetooth device. You will have to right click the Bluetooth button to enable/disable it. Poor show HP. This happens in Win 7.
3. CD/DVD writer button does not work on single press. You will have to press it twice or may be thrice for it to eject.
4. No button to select display off. You shall have to wait for the time duration which has been set in power settings. Generally the laptops do have this kind of button for switching off the display from keyboard.
5. Audio output is very low. Even in a quit room with only AC running I felt the need to use headphones. Now don't think my AC is noisy.
6. No LED on the upper surface or front side to indicate power/recharging state. Either you have to look at the task bar icon or LED next to the power jack which is on side. Also the LED at adapter would have been a value addition which is missing at the moment.
7. No backlit keyboard.
8. The SD card reader appears very shabby. Normally we expect push in and push out kind of reader. This reader is plain simple push in and pull out. It works perfectly now but I doubt if it will have a good life.
9. My previous laptop had a blinking LED light when any activity used to take place on WiFi/Bluetooth. This one has one steady led which indicates only the on/off status and no indication of any activity.
10. The up/down arrow buttons are very poor. A single key has been halved into two and its a real PIA to keep the finger precisely on the up/down key to work with them. Frankly speaking, I feel that the engineers forgot to design the keyboard with up key and finally when they realised they managed by dividing the down key into two.
Thats all so far with the usage of one week. Will add/amend if I observe something else in due course of time.
read more ▼