Satisfied with the product Review after 1year 7months of usage
12 Jul 2015 By Manish Kumar On flipkart.com
I bought this laptop on Dec 2013 in the year end offer + cashback at around INR16000/- After using it for more than a year an an half I must say this laptop has lived up to my expectation.
First thing one has to decide is for what purpose are you buying the laptop. I wanted a laptop which can perform basic activities like browsing, document editing, entertainment like movies and music + decent gaming (I am not a heavy gamer) and this laptop serves my needs very well.
Note: The image on the product page is of Toshiba Satellite C650 and the actual laptop is much good looking with a glossy finish.
* The build quality is good
* Keyboard buttons are rather flat (will get used to in a week). Buttons are well spaced accommodating a Numpad as well
* 15.6 inch screen is sharp enough, good color reproduction
* No hang/ lag observed while performing any basic task/ multitasking
* Played games like, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, NFS MW and there was no lag observed. The game play was very smooth and the performance was good
* Touch pad is responsive but the texture feel on it could have been better
* Browsing with a slightly less than max brightness setting, battery used to stand for 3+ hours easily for the first year and now it it gives around 2 to 2.5 hours. (Not bad according to me as any laptop battery starts to degrade after 1000 charges)
* Speaker volume is decent and well audible for the person using it
* Webcam is decent enough for skype calls in good lighted room but in a dark lit room the noise/ pixelation is just too high.
Things you have to deal with:
1. Laptop drivers, you will have to download them yourself from Toshiba's official support site as no driver CD will be provided with this laptop.
2. Be aware that this laptop comes with no OS, you will have to boot it up yourself. I had a pre-owned Win7 CD. Win7 runs very well. I also tried installing Win 8.1 recently and it worked well too.
If you are not a heavy gamer and your laptop needs are similar to mine i.e browsing, movies, music, document handling + decent gaming go for it blindly.
Toshiba has a lot of service centers listed on their site, in and around major cities but I cannot comment on the quality of service provided as I never had a necessity. My laptop performs very well till date and hope it continue to do so. *Touchwood*
read more ▼