Crafted to deliver smartness
Overall User Rating (4.5 Out of 5 based on 85 ratings)
Overall: About WS Retail : The seller sent it on time, with the original product packaging and very competitively priced.
Pros: 1) Extremely high Battery Backup. Getting an average of about 10 hours with very aggressive use.
2) Very Fast Boot Times
3) Extremely Silent
4) Very useful apps out of the box & Free, Free Office Suite (Keynote / Numbers / Pages
5) FREE (yep FREE) upgrade to OS Maverick - Unlike WINDOWS where its EXPENSIVE upgrade :-(
8) Loads of features (user configurable), faster access using shortcut keys and trackpad
9) Few of my licensed applications had Mac versions - so could use the same key. Other apps had Mac equivalent.
10) Security vise lesser viruses / trojans exists for Mac OS (Mac OS is not fool proof though). It has an inbuilt firewall so no need to purchase a firewall.
Cons: 1) New OS & interface - so takes some time to get used to.
2) Some of the hardware (USB to Ethernet eg)- difficult to get the compatible drivers.
3) No Ethernet Port, only two usb and one thunderbolt port. May make sense to use a docking station for heavy duty users.
4) Not essentially a Gaming Laptop more for Business executive ie Performance on the Go.
Tips: 1) Can run windows software using Wine (free) or Crossover (which I purchased) or Virtual OS using VMWare Fusion
2) Dual Boot to windows OS possible using Boot Camp. A good Windows experience too. Buy the 256 GB version if you want a dual boot system.
My Recommendation : An absolute Buy for a refreshing experience. Don't buy only if you are Afraid of Change.