Entry level laptop with mediocre features
Overall User Rating (3.7 Out of 5 based on 242 ratings)
Overall: ALL those asking for RAM upgrading let me tell u that I am using this laptop and with WINDOWS 8 32-bit version you dont need more RAM at all.
32 bit version helps this PC run FASTER as compared to 64-bit version
32-bit also helps in giving more battery backup compared to 64-bit version
STILL if the worm inside you is not satisfied then here is my recipe
AFTER the WARRANTY PERIOD
1. 128GB SSD(solid state hard disk different and far better than existing HARD DISKS) Cost is around Rs.4500 at present
2. Buy a casing for laptop hard disk from any computer hardware shop. Cost is Rs. 200-250.
3. Remove the original hard disk from the laptop and install the NEW SSD.
4. Put the original HARD DISK in the CASING you BOUGHT in STEP-2. YOU made a 500GB external HARD DISK for yourself.
5. Install the windows in the LAPTOP since it contains a fresh HARD DISK.
6. YOU have all the previous files in the external hard disk. So you need not t make a backup.
YOU can get this done by yourself or by any serviceman if you prefer.
ADVANTAGES of SSD
1. 10 times better speed
2. BOOT time reduces to 3 sec. although windows 8 is quite fast but still you will see the diffrence
3. Battery life becomes double. YES you can easily get 4-5 hours of battery backup so if your battery is also dying than SSDs are also an option.
P.S. - you can also install a bigger SSD but they are expensive at present