Market Status: Available in India
Updated on:Sep 25, 2016
Release Date: Nov 12, 2015 (Official)
Official Website:Click here
A device that will delight the gadget fanatics
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Dual 4G 32GB
7-10 Working Days
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium (Chrome, 32 GB)
2-4 Working Days
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium ,Gold, 32 GB ,23 MP Primary Camera, 3GB RAM
1-5 Working Days
Rs. 49,173 Flat Rs. 200 OFF
Use Coupon Code MWDM200 to get this price
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Dual (Chrome)
1-7 Working Days
Overall User Rating (4.2 Out of 5 based on 42 ratings)
Overall: Have been using this phone now for almost a week.
*Stunning design. The chrome version looks extremely stylish & classy
*Brilliant display. Its a 4K panel after all. Crisp & Vivid
*Great battery life. Not reached the 2 day battery life mark yet as claimed by Sony but with medium to moderate usage it definitely is possible to achieve that feat. Phone on standby doesn't eat too much battery. Also the bundled fast charger takes no time in charging up the phone, almost the rate of 1% (slightly higher) per min rate of charging
*Awesome camera. Fast auto-focus nd very good in most lighting conditions. The additional downloadable camera apps are good fun for some creativity
* Next to no bloatware. It did come with some pre-installed apps like clean master, AVG antivirus,hungama play and a few games but all of them can be uninstalled. There are also the pre-loaded Sony apps which you can chose to use or not use. All in all quite clean.
* Pre-Launch offers. The pre-launch offers from HDFC along with the freebies like the smart cover, quick charger and (the absolutely awesome) noise cancelling bluetooth headset were good way to get some really quality (and really useful) freebies. Have already talked about the fast charger earlier. Even an added screen protector in the box.
* Waterproof & Dustproof. Ofcourse all xperia's now are. Nd that's an amazing thing to have, especially on those rainy days trying to call a cab.
* No over heating issues. The snapdragon 810 is powerful and coupled with 3GB RAM performance is buttery smooth. All phones heat up. So does this but no issue of performance being affected.
* No unwieldy port covers. Only one port cover on the right hand side housing the dual sim (rarity in flagships!!) slot and micro sd card slot (also unfortunately becoming a rarity nw) for expanding storage upto 2TB. With 4K video recording you'll need all the memory you can get. Not to forget than 32GB onboard storage, out of which almost 10GB is used by the android UI. The 3.5mm headset jack & charging port are uncovered. Yet, the device retains its water & dust resistance. Awesome.
Nd Now for sm CONS as well. No phone is perfect after all
* Phone is quite slippery. As you would expect from an all glass constructed phone. A cover/ case could alleviate that problem.
* Phone is quite big. A large 5.5 inch screen phone. Its definitely phablet territory. Ppl with small hands might find it a little to difficult to use. Hand gymnastics required.
* No USB type C. The new industrial standard for the future isn't present.So no reversible cable
* No wireless charging
* UI needs an overhaul. I like the simplicity of sony's UI but, it is starting to show its age. It's also not bundled with the latest version of android i.e. 6.0 marshmallow. Still runs android 5.1.1. However, a software update to 6.0 isn;t very far. Sony has an excellent track record for keeping their phones up to date at the earliest. Also heard that the entire UI is getting a refresh. So that's going to help as there are occasional stutters & delays in the system.
All in all an AWESOME phone. Befits the Premium moniker in my opinion. Have been a long time user of sony phones (this is my 6th sony phone in a row, stretching all the way back to the Sony Ericsson days). Extremely pleased with it. Slightly pricey, I do admit but...premium quality always comes with a premium price.
On a side note, flipkart delivery was very good. Delivered before the tentative delivery date given on pre-order. However, strange that delivery wasn't available to a place like Noida. Hence, had to get it delivered to a friend's place in Gurgaon. A city like Noida should be serviceable to a company as big as Flipkart.