- Apple is expected to launch a new iPad Air with a 12.9-inch display.
- This would be the first 12.9-inch iPad Air, and the biggest in the lineup.
- The new iPad Air is also expected to be powered by the M2 chip.
Apple was rumoured to be working on a bigger iPad Air with a 12.9-inch display in October last year. This would make it the biggest iPad Air, and the first with a 12.9-inch screen. Only the iPad Pro has a 12.9-inch model from Apple’s tablet lineup. This rumour is turning out to be true as 91mobiles has exclusively gotten hands on renders of the iPad Air 12.9-inch model.
iPad Air 12.9-inch renders reveal design
- These are raw CAD renders of the iPad Air 12.9-inch model shared by industry sources. The renders give us an idea on the possible design of the upcoming iPad Air. It looks much like the current iPad Air model with the slim body, and all-screen design.
- The iPad Air 12.9-inch model will feature the Touch ID button on top just like the previous model. The speaker grilles are located on the top and bottom as well.
- The side switch is also visible on this iPad Air model, and the USB-C port is at the bottom as well.
- There is a slight design change in the rear camera of the iPad Air as we can now see a border around the lens and LED flash. If we compare it to the current iPad Air model, it’s a naked camera sensor at the back.
- Based on these renders, it looks like Apple is not going for any major design refresh with the iPad Pro 12.9-inch model. That’s understandable as the iPad Air has already gotten quite revamped in terms of design with the all-screen display, Touch ID button and flat edges.
There hasn’t been much on the iPad Air 12.9-inch model. The first report on this was by DigiTimes, which said that unlike the 12.9-inch iPad Pro, this one won’t have a mini-LED display but feature an LCD one same as the current model.
Apple is expected to launch the new iPad Air soon, as the 6th generation model in the series. This 12.9-inch iPad Air is also expected to be powered by the M2 chip.