The Indian smartphone space is chock full of brands — both legacy and new-age — that compete with each other vying for your attention. In such a cutthroat scenario, it’s not easy for newcomers to break through. Realme managed to do that a few years ago and we are now seeing another brand quietly making waves. iQOO entered the Indian market just a couple of years ago, but the brand has taken very little time (and very few smartphones) to become the top brand with the most satisfied users for two years in a row. This is based on our annual Great Indian Smartphone Survey.
Yes, The Great Indian Smartphone Survey is back! We asked over 15,000 people a range of questions, from what their current brand of smartphone is to what smartphone brand they plan to buy next. Our survey saw people picking their favourite brands, with iQOO easily being one of the most popular names this year. Let’s dive in.
Ownership share of iQOO steadily increasing
- Since its debut in India a couple of years ago, iQOO has been steadily increasing in ownership share. As per our survey last year, around 1.3 percent of people owned an iQOO device. The brand’s ownership share has increased to 2.7 percent in 2022.
- However, what was more interesting to see is the number of people who want to own an iQOO phone next. According to our survey, 5.1 percent of people plan to buy from iQOO next. That’s would be a 2.4 percent increase in ownership share.
iQOO tops user satisfaction with phone’s speed, battery reliability, VFM
- When it comes to user satisfaction, iQOO has either topped the list or has maintained its position among the top 3 brands. Clearly, the brand knows what it is doing to keep users happy.
- 8 in 10 iQOO users say they are satisfied with their phone’s speed. iQOO has topped the list here, with OnePlus and Apple in second and third places.
- This year, iQOO has dethroned POCO as the best brand in terms of battery reliability. Interestingly, Motorola has been slowly gaining in user satisfaction as well and is among the top 5 brands when it comes to battery reliability.
- iQOO holds the second position when it comes to user satisfaction with the phone’s rear camera, only marginally behind Apple. This is quite impressive and tells us that iQOO is doing well in the smartphone camera department.
- iQOO is also winning people’s hearts with its display capabilities as it has climbed up to the second position with 69.3 percent of people saying they are satisfied with the display capabilities of iQOO phones. OnePlus holds the top position (though probably not for long) with 69.6 percent user satisfaction.
- Perhaps the reason iQOO is grabbing everyone’s attention is that the brand has been able to offer phones with impressive features at affordable prices. This is why iQOO has topped the list as the most value-for-money (VFM) brand this year, overtaking OnePlus.
For the second year in a row, iQOO has maintained the top position as the brand with overall user satisfaction. Close to 70 percent of iQOO users say they are happy with their phones. This is almost 10 percent more than Apple which has an overall user satisfaction of around 60 percent.
Things are looking positive for iQOO going forward. The brand is already leaving several others behind in service quality and brand loyalty among users. It is only behind Apple and OnePlus, which is impressive for a brand that’s been in the game only for a couple of years now.
This year alone, iQOO launched several VFM devices like the iQOO Z6 5G, iQOO Z6 Pro 5G, iQOO Neo 6, and iQOO 9T, among others. Most of these iQOO devices, including ones launched last year, have seemingly won the hearts of consumers in the country (based on our survey) and we can’t wait to see what the brand has in store for us next.