The Boss of Windows smartphones has arrived!
Display and Configuration
The Nokia Lumia 1520 comes with a huge 6 inches LCD display with 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution that is sure to make viewing HD videos a memorable experience. The device runs on the latest Windows Phone 8 OS Update 3. The configuration is equally stunning, comprising of the highly-appreciated 2.2 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 800 chipset and a good 2GB of RAM.
Camera and Storage
Inspite of its great configuration, the real show-stealer is the camera. The rear camera is a mind-boggling 20 MP with Carl Zeiss optics and OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) . The front camera, at 1.2 MP will be useful for video calling. Nokia has provided the device with perhaps the highest expected internal storage Ã¢ÂÂ 32GB, which means one can store all of one's full HD videos, HQ photos and documents without breaking a sweat. Add to it the fact that this storage is expandable using external microSD card, and you get a smartphone that's a veritable storage heaven.
Connectivity and Battery
Nokia's latest Lumia handset breaks a number of records, including those of display, processing power, internal storage and battery. This device brings the best of everything. The device otherwise is the dream phone for anyone seeking a Windows smartphone that gets best scores in almost every specs category.
Nokia Lumia 1520 (Yellow, 32 GB)
Out Of Stock2-4 Working Days
Nokia Lumia 1520
Out Of Stock1-4 Working Days
Overall User Rating (4.5 Out of 5 based on 439 ratings)
Overall: Note: This is my first ever review so kindly bare with my language.
The Lumia 1520 is my 4th windows phone device. Samsung Focus -> Lumia 800 -> Lumia 920 and now the awesome Lumia 1520.
First of all guys please stop cribbing about windows phone app collection. It has all the necessary apps and more are being added on a daily basis. Yes WP still has some catching up to do but it is getting there fast.
For those who feel Windows Phone Operating System is not matured, If you feel so then you have not used a windows phone in person, you are those people who just watch few YouTube videos or so called reviews. The OS is silky smooth and everything is though out well, everything is simple and elegant.
The live tiles are beautiful and yes you tend to get bored of the limited collection of accent colours but this will change soon with the newly announced Windows Phone 8.1 update which provides option to toggle between extra columns of tiles and default tile layout.
Also you have an option of setting any image as home screen live tiles background wallpaper which has parallax effect.
Windows Phone 8.1 is bringing tons of features which are par with android OS.
Now about the device itself:
1. The build quality is stunning; I prefer the matt finish polycarbonate to the glossy finish which was the case with my previous Lumia 920.
2. Phone is very sleek, though on paper its weight may scare you but in person its not that bad. You will get used it to soon as the weight is uniformly distributed.
3. The size of the phone will really scare you at first, I have above average sized hands so its manageable but many people may find it quite difficult to handle this phone due to its massive footprint.
4. I am totally in love with this 6 1080 x 1920 IPS LCD display. It s great for media consumption the viewing angle is amazing, sun light readability is the best out there; colours look punchy yet not being overly saturated like AMOLED displays. You do get to play with colour saturation and contrast in display settings as per your taste.
5. The best part of this phone is its massive 3400 mAh battery coupled with the latest low energy consumption Qualcomm snapdragon 800 chipset. You can easily get through a day of heavy usage. (Refer gsmarena.com for the battery rating: It s the top phone in the list)
6. The hardware is par with the latest high-end android devices.
7. Super sensitive touch, inbuilt wireless charging capable, SD card support up to 64 GB (128 GB with WP 8.1 update)
8. The top feature: The 20 MP Carl Zeiss optics with physical optical image stabilization is one of the best you can find in the market (Yes excluding Nokia's own Lumia 1020 which is in a separate league of its own). This device takes some stunning stills and captures amazing videos.
Nokia Camera app is one of the best out there which is simple easy to use with many manual controls which are only found on Professional DSLRs.
If you have little knowledge re ISO, Shutter speed, exposure you can take some stunning looking shots. I just can t stop loving this phone's camera and clicking pictures every now and then and I am sure anybody would feel the same with this amazing camera which will only get better with NOKIA's upcoming CYAN firmware update which will be bundled with WP8.1.
8. Gaming: This device has scored the highest gaming benchmark score compared with any existing devices including Samsung S5 with Qualcomm snapdragon 801 chipset which basically has same adreno 330 GPU as of Qualcomm snapdragon 800 chipset.
The existing games on Windows Phone store are yet to be optimized to take full advantage of this powerful chipset and GPU on Lumia 1520, I am sure developers have already started working on it as more and more Windows Phone devices with quad core chipset are being released Ex: Lumia Icon , Lumia 930 , Samsung ATIV etc.
9. It has built in free MS Office and Office 365 which really handy/useful especially on this 6" display.
10. It also comes with whole lot of fun and useful NOKIA applications unlike Samsung gimmicky features.
:Nokia - Cinemagraph, Story teller, Glam me, Mix radio with unlimited legal music downloads for a year, Play to, Refocus etc...
I can write pages about Windows Phone and my great experience with it, but if did put down everything I am sure nobody would read. So in short...
I highly recommend this phone if you can manage the size which is really not a problem after using it for 2 weeks now. Once you get used to this beautiful 6" display you wouldn't like to go back, to a smaller screen devices. (I have a yellow Lumia 1520 which I had bought 2 weeks back; this phone is for my friend).
I hope that I have conveyed my experience and opinions re the device.
Thank You for reading.