09 Oct 2017 By Sandeep Sahu On flipkart.com
I'm writing this review after using SJCAM SJ6 Legend for over 4 months where I found some pros and cons. Here they are listed below:
1) It is one of the best alternate action camera compared to Gopro under RS.16k budget.
2) It produces good image and video quality during daylight condition with a bit warmer tone which looks pretty natural.
3) It can record upto 4K resolution at 30fps and 1080p at 120fps which is too good for slow motion video recording.
4) It has multiple video shooting options like slow mo, time lapse with multiple time frame options.
5) it has 2 inch primary touch display which is quite sensitive and gives good response while operating.
6) Its firmware updates are available on SJCAM official website. Previously with firmware version 1.4 there was no zoom option on display but it got added with version 1.4.6 which I updated in June 2017. So this should be there in New purchases.
7) it has built in internal mic with good audio capturing quality and it has got a mount hole at bottom which is good for stable video capturing using a sturdy stand.
8) It has gyro sensor which is a plus point through which you can capture stabilized videos at even 4K.
9) Box contents are awesome for beginner as it contains very basic mounts which are useful for basic usage.
10) It definitely has very good sensors in this budget and quality also feels quite great but not that much great when contacted marked to Gopro.
11)Manual settings are very good to use for long trails, night astro photography but it will not give great details.
1) It has 1000 mAh removal battery which is not giving a battery life more than 1 hour now after using it for over 3-4 months. It has some issues, so you might have to buy additional batteries if going for outdoor activities.
2) It is not waterproof so don't put it under water without its waterproof case.
3) Provided mounts will not fulfill your desired shots so might need to purchase them separately. This is obvious though for this budget range.
4) Device gets heat up when used at highest resolution for video recording for long time. So this might get the camera unresponsive sometimes. This needs to be fixed with further firmware updates.
5) It doesn't capture good quality videos at low light conditions so if you love to capture videos at night, this might not be the best choice. But for acceptable quality it works fine.
6) Raw images from this camera might not be supported by most of the image editing softwares. This needs to be fixed.
7) Battery drains very quickly when camera is switched on and off very frequently.
Overall in this price segment, this is certainly the best action camera alternate to Gopro. For beginners, I'll recommend this camera but they will have to look for their priority with above points.
read more ▼