Are you a Jio user, facing internet issues on your smartphone? It could be either due to poor network or wrong Jio APN settings on your Android or iOS device. This could be determined by the signal strength. If it’s weak, chances are you are in a bad signal area. However, if the Jio signal is strong, yet you are getting slower internet speed, it’s time to fix APN settings. Now usually, the APN settings are configured automatically by the provider, once you insert a Jio SIM card into your device. But if the internet is still troubling you, you need to set up the right APN settings for the Jio network on your phone to be able to enjoy high-speed 4G internet.
Wondering how? Read on to know more about properly configuring the Jio APN settings on your Android or iOS smartphone to access the internet faster.
What is APN?
APN, or Access Point Name, is the main setting for all cellular data connectivity. Your phone reads this setting to access the link between your carrier’s mobile network and the Internet. All mobile network companies offer their distinctive APN settings to users to allow them to use their internet services. Right APN settings can help increase the internet speed on their phones for streaming HD videos, playing online games, and much more.
How to change Jio APN settings
Now that you know what an APN is, here’s how you can set up or change the Jio APN settings on your phone depending on whether you use Android or iOS.
On Android mobile phone
There are two options – you can reset the APN settings to default, and if that doesn’t work, you can follow the below steps to add a new Jio APN on your Android phone.
- Go to Settings on your Android smartphone
- Click on Wireless & Network (or Wi-Fi & Network or Mobile Network) option on the screen and then, select SIM & Network
- Under the SIM settings, click on the Jio 4G SIM slot followed by Access point names
- Go to the + sign on the top to add a new internet setting (Note: To reset the APN settings to default, select the three dots on the top right corner of the screen and click on Reset to default)
- Enter the Name field, set APN field as “JioNet” and then, go to the three dots on the top right corner of the screen and click on Save. You will now be able to access high-speed internet on your Android phone
Note: Make sure you restart your device after changing your APN settings.
Interestingly, you won’t have to change the Jio APN settings in iPhone as Apple devices can self-detect the APN and configure it automatically for mobile data access.
Can I get Jio APN settings by SMS?
Yes, definitely. You can contact the Jio customer support team on 198 and ask them to send you the Internet settings download for Jio. You will receive the same via SMS.
Is changing APN safe?
Yes, changing the APN does not affect your phone or SIM settings in any way. The only thing it does affect is your mobile data speed and that too for good. So, rest assured!
My Jio internet is not working? What should I do?
Turn on Airplane mode for 15 seconds and then, turn it off. If Jio internet is still not working on your phone after troubleshooting, make sure you have the correct APN settings.