- Exynos 1480 has managed to score 882 points in the single-core round and 2808 in the multi-core segment.
- The source code of Geekbench reveals the Xclipse 530 GPU, which uses AMD RDNA 2 graphics similar to the flagship Exynos 2200.
- The Exynos 1480 could be present on the Samsung Galaxy A55 and other A-series phones.
Amidst the rumours and reports about the Samsung Galaxy S24 series, the South Korean giant appears to be working on a new Exynos chipset with AMD graphics. The SoC in question is the Exynos 1480 and the same has now appeared on Geekbench and this spills the beans on some of the hardware details.
Exynos 1480 appears on Geekbench
- The Exynos 1480, as spotted on Geekbench by MySmartPrice, has managed to score 882 points in the single-core round and 2808 in the multi-core segment.
- The Exynos 1480 is an octa-core chipset and is based on ARMv8 architecture.
- The chipset features 4x performance cores clocked at 2.75GHz and 4x efficiency cores humming at 2.05GHz.
- The source code of Geekbench reveals the presence of Xclipse 530 GPU and this uses AMD RDNA 2 graphics similar to the flagship Exynos 2200.
- The Exynos 1480 is rumoured to be a part of the upcoming Galaxy A55 and other A-series phones.
- The chipset could come as an upgrade to the Exynos 1380 chipset.
Samsung Galaxy A05s specifications
Samsung recently launched the Samsung Galaxy A05s in India.
- Display: The Galaxy A05s features a 6.7-inch FHD+ LCD display with a notch on top.
- Processor: Powering the phone is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 processor paired with Adreno 610 GPU.
- RAM and storage: 6GB of LPDDR4X RAM along with 6GB of virtual RAM and 128GB of UFS 2.2 storage.
- OS: Android 13-based OneUI 5.1 custom skin. The company will seed Android 14 and Android 15 updates and four years of security patches.
- Cameras: There is a 50MP primary camera, a 2MP macro sensor, and a 2MP depth lens. For selfies, there is a 13MP front camera.
- Battery, charging: The smartphone packs a 5000mAh battery with 25W fast charging support.
- Other features: There is a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, face unlock, a 3.5mm audio jack, and Dolby Atmos audio.