WhatsApp is no doubt a great messaging platform, but users cringe at its lack of support for two different accounts on a single device. The messaging platform doesn’t allow users to access two WhatsApp numbers on the same phone simultaneously. It even discourages and warns users to switch between WhatsApp accounts too frequently or they could be blocked. While there is no native support for users to have multiple WhatsApp accounts on the same phone yet, there are several workarounds available. Custom Android skin and third-party apps both allow you to use two WhatsApp numbers on the same phone. Here’s how to do it:
How to use dual WhatsApp on Android mobile phone
Several Android phonemakers whether it’s Xiaomi, OPPO, Realme, Samsung, and Vivo ship smartphones with their own custom skins. These skins run atop the Android and bring some nifty features onboard, including app cloning. The feature is marketed differently by each vendor. Xiaomi calls it Dual Apps, while OPPO, Vivo, and Samsung have dubbed it as Clone Apps, App Clones, and Dual Messenger respectively. They all do the same task, which is duplicate apps such as WhatsApp. Here’s how the feature works on different devices:
On Samsung mobile phones
To use dual WhatsApp on Samsung mobile phone,
- Go to the Settings menu and select Advanced features
- Scroll down and tap on Dual Messenger
- A list of apps that are compatible with Dual Messenger will be displayed. Toggle the switch of WhatsApp
- Tap on Install –> read the disclaimer and choose Confirm to continue
- The cloned WhatsApp will have Dual Messenger symbol on the lower right side of the icon
On Realme mobile phones
- App cloning on Realme mobile phones require you to go to Settings
- There you can either search App Cloner or go to App Management and then App Cloner
- Select WhatsApp and choose Clone Apps
- You will be given the option to rename the cloned app
- Once that is done, you are good to use dual WhatsApp on your Realme mobile phone
On OnePlus mobile phones
- OnePlus users can head to their device’s Settings, followed by Utilities and Parallel apps.
- Alternatively, they can search for Parallel Apps from the phone’s settings menu
- Toggle the button next to WhatsApp to create its clone
- Next, follow the cloned app’s instructions to use dual WhatsApp on your OnePlus mobile phone
On Redmi mobile phones
Whether you are using Redmi, Mi, or POCO smartphone, the steps to clone apps including WhatsApp will be as follows:
- Jump to phones Settings
- Choose Apps and then Dual Apps from the following screen
- A preview screen will appear if you are doing this for the first time. Select Create to continue
- A list of apps that support app cloning will appear on your screen
- Select WhatsApp and toggle switch next to Dual apps
- A message will appear on the screen. Choose Turn on to proceed
- Another message will appear on your screen saying that the dual apps have been created
- In order to access it, go to your phone’s app drawer
- The app with Dual app symbol on the lower left side of the icon will be your cloned app
On Vivo mobile phones
- Go to the phone’s settings menu and look for the App Clone feature and select WhatsApp.
- Alternatively, you can also long-press the WhatsApp app select ‘+’ icon to clone the app.
- Then all you have to do is feed in your WhatsApp number and follow the standard process.
On OPPO mobile phones
The process is pretty much the same as the Realme mobile phones.
- You go to the OPPO mobile phones’ Settings page
- Select App Management –> App Cloner
- Choose WhatsApp, and that’s it, you are good to go
This is how you can use dual WhatsApp on popular smartphones such as Samsung, OnePlus, Realme, Xiaomi, OPPO, Vivo, and more. In case, you have got any other device such as Tecno and Infinix, the process to clone apps would remain pretty much the same. That said, stock-Android devices such as Pixel, Nokia, and Motorola lack this option. You will have to download a third-party app to use dual WhatsApp.
How to use dual WhatsApp on stock-Android smartphones
- For phones, which lack the app cloning feature, like Android One devices, there are several of third-party apps that allow you to use two WhatsApp numbers on the same device.
- You can download Dual Space and Parallel from Google Play store to duplicate the WhatsApp app, just like the custom ROM feature.
- The setup process is similar to the steps mentioned above.
How to use dual WhatsApp on iPhone
Dual WhatsApp on iPhone only works through the WhatsApp Business app. There is no good third-party app or built-in tool on iOS that allows you to clone the social messaging app to use two numbers on the same device. However, there is a workaround and here is how it works:
- While the WhatsApp Business app is meant for business activities and communication with customers, you can use it as your secondary WhatsApp account on the same phone.
- The standalone WhatsApp Business app is available for download on App Store. The app is also available on Google Play store. This means that with the aforementioned steps and WhatsApp Business app, Android users will be able to use three WhatsApp numbers on the same device
- The setup of the WhatsApp Business app is pretty much the same as the regular one.
- However, due to the nature of the app, you have additional features like automated responses, sending out updates, and adding labels to your contact lists, among other things.