Jio Cinema is the official live-streaming partner of the FIFA World Cup 2022 in India. It allows users across telecom services, including Airtel, Jio, Vi, and BSNL, to stream all the world cup matches, which are being played in Qatar, online for free. Jio Cinema will also offer pre-match and post-match of each and every game of the football world cup, which can be streamed via the streaming platform’s app and website. Read on to find out how to download the Jio Cinema app on mobile phone and laptop/ PC to stream FIFA World Cup 2022 online for free via the Jio Cinema app.
How to download Jio Cinema app to watch FIFA World Cup 2022 for free
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android phone
- Now, search for ‘jiocinema’ on the search bar
- Download the first app that shows up by tapping on ‘Install’
- Once installed, open the Jio Cinema app and log in with your mobile number.
- After logging in, select the content languages you prefer and you’re done.
- Jump to the sports section to start streaming FIFA World Cup 2022 online
- Open the App Store on your iPhone
- Now, search for ‘jiocinema’ from the search tab
- Download the app from the results page by tapping on ‘Install’
- Once installed, open the Jio Cinema app and log in with your Jio mobile number. There are two ways to log in, one through OTP and another through the Jio SIM in which the app will auto-detect your mobile number
- After logging in, select the content languages you prefer and you’re good to go
- Look for the sports section to stream FIFA World Cup 2022
On Windows laptop/ PC and mac
You don’t need to download Jio Cinema app on laptop/ PC to stream FIFA World Cup 2022 online. Simply, visit the Jio Cinema web page and login with your Airtel, Jio, Vi, or BSNL number, if required, to watch the world cup matches.
Can you download Jio Cinema app on TV for FIFA World Cup 2022 live streaming?
Yes, you can. In addition to laptops and mobile phones, users can watch and enjoy Jio Cinema content on their TVs as well. As stated by Jio, the Jio Cinema app is available to download on several TVs from different providers such as Samsung TVs running Tizen OS 2.4 and above, Fire TV with OS 6 and above, Android TVs running version 7 and above and lastly, Apple TV having OS 10 and above.
Do you need Jio SIM to use the Jio Cinema app?
No, you don’t need Jio SIM to use Jio Cinema app. Mukesh Ambani-promoted telco Jio has made the video streaming platform free for all. This allows Airtel, Vi, and BSNL users to also download the Jio Cinema app on their devices and stream its content, including FIFA World Cup 2022, for free.
“The FIFA World Cup is a total communal experience, and we want to offer content that brings everyone across the country together to enjoy the world’s greatest show,” said Viacom18 Sports Head of Content Siddharth Sharma. “Our programming across five languages will cater to a wider audience and complement the never-seen-before extensive live coverage of the event on JioCinema which is now available to download for all telecom subscribers.”
What is Jio Cinema app?
Jio Cinema is an on-demand streaming platform developed and operated by Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd. Through the app, users can access a huge library of entertainment content in the form of original shows, movies, documentaries, trailers and even sporting events. Available to only Jio users, the app can be installed on various mediums and devices such as mobile phones, tablets, TVs, and the web. To enhance the experience further, the app also has several key features up its sleeves such as the ability to download content, search by voice, watchlist creation, and many more.
Does Jio Cinema support screencasting?
Yes, those who do not wish to install the Jio Cinema app on their supported smart TVs and devices can play the content on the big screen through screencasting. To enable it, just head over to any movie or show in the app and tap on the ‘casting’ icon at the top of the video player to initiate casting. Just ensure both your mobile and TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Which all languages Jio Cinema support?
Users can watch the content on Jio Cinema in these different languages: