- Motorola Edge 40 will be available via Flipkart and retail outlets.
- The Motorola Edge 40 comes with Android 13 OS, a 6.55-inch FHD+ pOLED display, a 50MP camera, and 68W fast charging.
- The handset is priced at Rs 29,999 in India.
Motorola Edge 40 launched in India last week as a premium mid-range offering that succeeds the Motorola Edge 30. The latest offering from Motorola brings some notable improvements, especially with the performance thanks to the new MediaTek Dimensity 8020 SoC. There is an IP68 rating for water and dust resistance, 5G network support, stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, and dual SIM support. The Motorola Edge 40 comes with Android 13 OS, a 50MP camera, and 68W fast charging.
Motorola Edge 40 price in India, sale date
- Motorola Edge 40 price in India is Rs 29,999 for the sole 8GB+256GB configuration.
- The phone will be available in Eclipse Black, Nebula Green, and Lunar Blue.
- The handset will be on sale via Flipkart online and retail outlets.
Motorola Edge 40 specifications
- Display: The Motorola Edge 40 flaunts a 6.55-inch FHD+ pOLED display with a 144Hz refresh rate, 2400 X 1080 pixels resolution, 360Hz touch sampling rate, HDR10+, and 1200nits peak brightness.
- Processor: Powering the phone is the MediaTek Dimensity 8020 SoC paired with Mali-G77 MC9 GPU.
- RAM and Storage: The Motorola Edge 40 has 8GB LPDDR4X RAM and 256GB UFS 3.1 storage.
- OS: The handset runs on Android 13 OS out of the box
- Cameras: The Motorola phone will have dual cameras on the back, with a 50MP f/1.4 aperture, Quad Pixel Technology, OIS, and a 13MP ultra-wide lens with a 120-degree field of view. There is a 32MP snapper on the front for selfies and video chats.
- Connectivity: Connectivity options include 5G SA/NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, USB Type-C, and NFC.
- Battery: The Motorola Edge 40 packs a 4,400mAh battery with 68W fast charging support and 15W wireless charging support. There’s 5W reverse wireless charging support also.
Should you buy it?
The Motorola Edge 40 priced at Rs 29,999 is a very compelling buy for anyone looking for a smartphone under Rs 30,000. The MediaTek Dimensity 8020 chipset offers brilliant performance with no lag or stutters even with highly demanding tasks. There is an IP68 rating, which is quite rare in this segment. The 50MP primary camera can capture good pictures under good lighting conditions. The 4,400mAh battery should last an entire day and there’s 68W fast charging support. All these make the Motorola Edge 40 a very good buy in the segment.