- A few users have noticed a discolouration with the always-on screen on the Pixel 8 Pro.
- This issue has been observed on both the Android 14 stable software and the QPR1 beta builds.
- The all-new Pixel 8 Pro features a 6.7-inch OLED display with a 120Hz high refresh rate.
Google recently unveiled the Pixel 8 series, which includes the Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro. Both smartphones feature impressive specifications. However, a few users have noticed a small problem with the always-on screen on the Pixel 8 Pro, where text shows up in pink or yellow. These reports began appearing on social media after Google began shipping the first Pixel devices.
Pixel 8 Pro screen issue details
- As per several Reddit posts, some portions of the Always On Display change from white to yellow after a few seconds and then to reddish-pink after another two to three seconds.
- Once the display returns to full brightness, everything looks normal, including the text. Meanwhile, some users note that this issue seems to occur more often in low-light settings.
- The discolouration issue has been observed on both the Android 14 stable software and the QPR1 beta builds, indicating that it might be a problem rooted in the hardware.
- A number of users stated the issue might be connected to the Pixel 8 Pro’s variable refresh rate OLED, a feature that the regular Pixel 8 lacks, which also hints at a hardware problem.
Is Google offering a replacement for Pixel 8 Pro to affected users?
Google has not made an official statement about the problem, so it’s uncertain whether it’s related to hardware or software. Nevertheless, multiple users have experienced the issue to such an extent that Google reportedly provided them with replacement devices. However, this isn’t official as of now.
Pixel 8 Pro specifications
- The Pixel 8 Pro has a 6.7-inch OLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate, strong Corning Glass Victus 2 protection, and a high peak brightness of 2,400 nits. It also features an Always-on display with a front camera punch-hole.
- Under the hood, it’s powered by the Tensor G3 chipset along with the Titan M2 security microprocessor.
- The phone offers 12GB of LPDDR5X RAM and storage options of 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB, and in the US, there’s even a 1TB storage variant, and it runs on Android 14.
- The camera setup includes a 50MP wide-angle lens, a 48MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 48MP telephoto lens with Super Res Zoom supporting up to 30x zoom.
- For selfies, the Google Pixel 8 Pro has a 10.5MP front camera.
- The newly announced Pixel 8 Pro houses a 5,050mAh battery that supports 30W fast charging technology.
- The smartphone also comes with an IP68 rating for dust and water resistance, an under-display fingerprint sensor, a USB Type-C port, Wi-Fi 7, and more.